The Platform for Workforce Communications
Technical Account Manager
SocialChorus is a platform for communicators. We help them become heroes within their organizations by giving them the tools and expertise they need to unify their enterprises. Companies thrive and win when all of their workers feel aligned, informed and supported. In simple terms, we help companies work as one.
Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
As part of our distributed team working from anywhere, the Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a key contributor to our post-sale Technical Services team performing a wide range of duties for an assigned list of large enterprise customers.
An ideal candidate will have strong facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and an ability to build relationships with all levels within the organization. Successful candidates will have technical and account management experience, a proven track record of successfully interfacing with customers on both technical and non-technical levels, substantial experience driving concurrent projects and issues to completion with little direction, and above all, a passion for ensuring a top quality customer experience.
Must be willing to work Pacific time zone hours.
- Provide technical management and product technical support for assigned SocialChorus customers
- Go beyond break-fix support by becoming a true technical partner for your customers by helping to shape their implementation and growth strategy
- Establish strong relationships with the SocialChorus Account Teams on your assigned customers
- Establish strong relationships with the SocialChorus Customer Engineering, Support, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure proper management and priority escalation of your assigned customer requests
- Meet regularly with assigned customers, both remotely and on-site, to review support interactions, system status, major issues, upcoming releases, feature request status, and services activity
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your assigned customers’ technical environment to understand and even predict potential SocialChorus platform problems within their deployment
- Team up with the SocialChorus Engagement Manager assigned to your accounts to be the advocate and voice for customer requirements and challenges within various teams at SocialChorus
- Direct crisis and incident response, working with the customer Success team and engineering teams to ensure timely resolution, while communicating effectively with customers. This will require customer responses outside of normal business hours for high severity issues
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of SocialChorus’ product offerings and be able to mentor staff on best practices, preferred configurations, and next steps for customer issues
- Advocate for product enhancements with Engineering & Product Management to solve customer challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a technical account manager, professional services, sales engineer, or support engineer role with exposure to multiple SaaS platforms
- Knowledge of project management and strong account management skills
- Very strong customer service and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong drive to look at challenges and help define solutions
- Experience working closely with engineering and support teams to triage and assign technical issues
- Proficient with REST, SAML 2, and oAuth
- Ability to manage multiple customer projects in parallel
- Comfortable in ambiguous start-up environments
- Proven track record of managing large enterprise accounts
- Experience with Jira or similar ticket tracking systems a plus
- Experience in HTML, CSS, Ruby, Java, Python is a plus.
Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
Come for the challenges, come for the people, and the unlimited PTO, health benefits, 401k plan, casual and friendly environment, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Fully paid medical, dental, vision for the employee and 50% for dependents
Invest in your future, invest in yourself with a wide range of choices available
SocialChorus is a movement for the future of work, and your future matters, too
We’re serious about connecting people and serious about the importance of disconnecting also
We share a vision of sustainability and empower you to have an impact as well
You might not work at SocialChorus forever, so we want you to be a better person when you leave than when you arrived
SocialChorus at a glance
SocialChorus focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Information Technology, Mobile Enterprise, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, SocialChorus has raised $47.501M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.