Millions of unforgettable events begin here. make your first diagram, no stress
Manager/ Senior Manager, Engineering
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. And, as more and more of our lives are spent online, this time offline is truly rare. So, at Social Tables, now a Cvent company, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
This is a 100% management role. We are looking for an experienced people manager. A successful candidate will have experience working on software products, strong technical background, and a proven track record of coaching and building successful teams.
You will receive direct coaching, managing, and mentoring from the Director of Engineering
Here's how you'll spend your days
* Manage a team of up to 10 individual contributor engineers, including Lead Engineers, Senior Engineers and entry level engineers
* Design technical, scalable solutions for the long term
* Manage multiple products and initiatives within their team
* Responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time with quality solutions within their area of focus
* Make smart trade offs between short-term and long-term solutions that don’t sacrifice overall platform quality
* Responsible for performance of their team and allocation of their team
* Responsible for working with product, design, and the lead engineers to plan work for the engineers and ensure each engineer has clear goals/tasks
* Lead from the front and partner with your stakeholders towards a vision of innovation and execution
* Roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed, whether it is design, architecture, product management, or developing roadmaps
* Empower the team to make decisions, and cultivate leaders
What you will need in this role
* Fresh ideas and new perspectives into managing
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Managed a team of at least 5 Engineers for over a year, ideally at a SaaS-based product company with over $5mm revenue
* Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
* Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
* Hands-on technical leadership, including application architecture design, code reviews, quality reviews, release responsibilities, production support, etc.
* Comfortable representing the business when speaking to customers or community members
Technologies we use
* We use Node.js on the server.
* We prefer Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps.
* We use LaunchDarkly for feature flagging.
* We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux.
* We use Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations.
* We build our browser assets with Webpack.
* We use MySQL and Postgres for our database storage.
* We use AWS for our infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda.
* We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud.
Our benefits set you up to do your best work, how you like to do it. We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, annual bonuses, 401K Match, in office gym, and other great perks! And, we're committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Social Tables and Cvent maintain a drug-free workplace
Social Tables at a glance
Social Tables focuses on SaaS, B2B, Hospitality, Meeting Software, and Events. Their company has offices in Washington DC and Washington. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Social Tables has raised $22.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.