Millions of unforgettable events begin here. make your first diagram, no stress
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. And, as more and more of our lives are spent online, this time offline is truly rare. So, at Social Tables, now a Cvent company, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
As part of Site Reliability at Social Tables we are responsible for ensuring that our platform is stable and healthy. We break down barriers by fostering developer ownership and empowering developers. We support them by building creative and robust solutions to operations problems. We use our background as generalists to work closely with product development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. We see the big picture. We help create and enforce standards while facilitating an agile and learning culture. We use SRE principals such as blameless postmortems and operational load caps to ensure we’re constantly improving our knowledge and maintaining a good quality of life. Overall, we’re passionate about automation, learning and participating in dynamic day to day work.
How you’ll spend your days:
* As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll use your advanced development and operations knowledge to identify and prioritize issues. Find universal solutions to common problems and mentor and support junior staff.
* Enlighten, enable and empower a fast-growing set of multi-disciplinary teams, across multiple applications and locations.
* Tackle complex development, automation and business process problems.
* Champion Social Tables and Cvent standards and best practices.
* Ensure the scalability, performance, and resilience of our suite of products.
* Work with the development and product team of a new application to establish the right monitoring and alerting strategy.
* Develop build, test and deployment automation that seamlessly targets multiple AWS regions.
* Help a dev team realize zero downtime deployments.
* Give back by working on and contributing to Open Source projects on github.com/socialtables and github.com/cvent
* Automate all the things!
What you will need in this position
* We believe that passion and willingness to learn outweigh any list of skills, however having experience in some of the areas below would help you hit the ground running and show that you can be successful as an SRE.
* CI Server administration and support CircleCI
* Configuration automation using Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
* Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
* Solid Linux administration skills.
* Working with APM, monitoring, and logging tools (New Relic, DataDog, Splunk)
* NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra)
* SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
* Message Queues (SQS, RabbitMQ).
* Scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy, Bash
* Project management tools like Jira, Trello.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technical field required
Technologies we use
* We use a wide variety of technologies and avoid getting locked into a single path. If we find something that works better than what we have, we always are open to trying it out. Here is a taste of the technologies you’ll get to work with.
* AWS (EC2 / ECS / Lambda / RDS / S3 / Route53 / DynamoDB)
* PostgreSQL, MySQL
* Kafka, CouchBase
* Ansible, Chef, Puppet
* Terraform, CloudFormation
* New Relic
Our benefits set you up to do your best work, how you like to do it. We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, annual bonuses, 401K Match, in office gym, and other great perks! And, we're committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Social Tables and Cvent maintain a drug-free workplace
Social Tables at a glance
Social Tables focuses on SaaS, B2B, Hospitality, Meeting Software, and Events. Their company has offices in Washington DC and Washington. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Social Tables has raised $22.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.