Snappr is the most popular on-demand photography network in the world
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Snappr is the largest on-demand photography service in the world. We make stunning photography accessible and affordable, for everyone from consumers to big business. We now cover 200+ cities and that is just the beginning. Our tech automates everything from photographer matching to editing. Our thousands of photographers love us because we automate away the thinks they hate and let them focus on taking amazing photos. We are backed by the likes of Y Combinator and the founders of Google Maps and Zynga. We're on a mission to raise the quality of photography on the web and in the world.
About the Senior Machine Learning Engineer role
We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer who is passionate about creating data-based products. The ideal candidate is language-agnostic but has deep experience with Python and data science tools such as Numpy, Pandas, ScikitLearn, Tensorflow/Pytorch. You should be just as comfortable with challenging machine learning and deep learning algorithms, reading research papers, creating data pipelines, as well as deploying your models via service APIs or dashboards. You will take ownership of end-to-end implementation of ML-related features and have the opportunity to meaningfully shape the product of one of the world's fastest growing consumer marketplaces. Snappr is building the most high-caliber engineering team in Medellin, and this is your chance to join it!
- Owning end-to-end feature implementation.
- Training Machine Learning and Deep Learning models
- Collecting and transforming structured and unstructured data.
- Working closely with product leaders to create new ML services.
- Taking a leading role in building an engineering culture build on rapid iteration and continuous improvement.
- 2+ years of experience with Python and its data science ecosystem (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow/pytorch).
- Experience common cloud platforms.
- Experience creating REST APIs.
- Excellent English communication skills and experience working with English-speaking teams.
- Bachelor degree in engineering with distinctive performance.
- Bonus for experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Bonus for experience in creating dashboard applications and frontends.
- 60k - 80k per year.
- We also offer equity.
This is a full-time position based in our lovely Medellin office in One Plaza.
Come and be a part of the rocketship that is Snappr!