It's about the moment, a connection between friends, and not just a pretty picture
Jobs at Snapchat
Snapchat hasn't added any jobs yet
Get notified when Snapchat posts new jobs.
Latest Stories and News
- NBC News
- 2 weeks ago
Snapchat has helped more than 1 million users register to vote.
- More than half are first-time voters, and more than 80 percent are younger than 30.
- While that is significantly fewer than the 2.5 million who have signed up through Facebook, the recruitment of Generation Z and millennial voters could play a larger role in affecting the outcome in certain districts.
Snapchat's voter registration efforts will almost certainly be a boon for Democrats, as young voters overwhelmingly oppose President Donald Trump and favor the Democratic Party.
- The Verge
- 2 months ago
Snap released its first diversity report today after years of resisting pressure to make those statistics public. The report details the minimal growth the 3,195-person company has made in regards to hiring people of color and women:
- Black and African American people only represent 4.1 percent of the entire workforce, the report states, and Hispanic / Latinx people make up 6.8 percent. Both groups account for only 3.2 percent of leadership; Black and African American people make up 2.3 percent of tech roles while Hispanic/LatinX account for 3.4 percent.
- Women only make up 32.9 percent of Snap’s workforce with only 16 percent in technical roles.
Along with the numbers, Snap says it’s setting new goals, including doubling the number of women in tech at Snap by 2023 and doubling the number of underrepresented US racial and ethnic minorities at Snap by 2025. Long-term, the team says it wants to “reflect the racial and gender diversity (including non-binary) of the different places where we operate.”
- 3 months ago
- Snap announced at its Virtual Partner Summit in June that Snapchat users would soon be able to access free Headspace meditations directly in the chat section of its app.
- It's an inaugural application of the company's new product, Snap Minis, which are "bite-size" applications that live within chat, designed to be used with friends. Headspace Minis go live Monday.
- One of the standout parts of the Headspace Mini is that the typically solo activity of meditation is, in this iteration, social. Snapchat says that's by design. The in-chat meditations are one way it's trying to encourage supportive friendships, while also easing the fear of trying a new, vulnerable activity like meditation by making it something friends can do "together."
- Snapchat users don't have to have the Headspace app or even be Headspace subscribers to access the meditations because the Headspace Mini lives within Snapchat itself.
- The Verge
- 4 months ago
- Snap’s vice president of diversity and inclusion apologized this weekend for the distribution of a Juneteeth filter that many people found offensive and offered new details about the how it was created.
- In an email distributed to the company, Oona King said the filter was a collaboration between black and white employees — and pushed back against criticism that the company had been culturally insensitive.
- The filter asked users to “smile and break the chains” of slavery. King, who is black, said that “in hindsight, we should have developed a more appropriate lens.”
- 4 months ago
- Snap is announcing at its Snap Partner Summit that the first games that will take advantage of Bitmoji will roll out soon.
- The feature was announced last year, and it looks like developers can finally take advantage of that SDK. You’ll be able to play a game with you as the hero — or at least the Bitmoji representation of you.
- While this feature is reminiscent of Xbox Avatars or Nintendo’s Mii on the Wii, 3DS and Wii U, Bitmoji for Games is a cross-platform solution, from mobile games to console games and PC games.
- The issue with console-specific avatars is that you can’t support Xbox Avatars on PlayStation consoles for instance — that could be the reason why console manufacturers have been slowly phasing out those avatars. Bitmoji for Games could potentially solve that issue.