Everything you need to run your restaurant
Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
What Is Snackpass
It’s such a great time to join Snackpass!
We are building a way to buy anything with friends, starting with restaurant takeout on college campuses. Students use Snackpass to order ahead at local restaurants, skip the line and get discounts with their friends. After every purchase, you get a reward point for yourself and a bonus point to send to a friend.
We're helping restaurants transition to digital and contactless to thrive in a post COVID world where takeout is a core pillar of every restaurant.
We believe that
- all restaurant orders will move from offline (physical credit cards) to online (digital ordering)
- all e-commerce will go social, starting with food.
In the semester we launched, over 80% of Yale student body started using Snackpass to order food. We’ve repeated our success at multiple campuses (Brown, Berkeley, Michigan, Dartmouth) and are looking to expand to 100 campuses, and then radiate into surrounding cities.
We're looking for creative and ambitious people to join our team! We'd love to talk with you.
Snackpass is a startup backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, General Catalyst and First Round Capital, the same firms who invested in Square, Uber and Airbnb.
Our software engineers are determined to build the most fun, convenient and social experiences for our customers. We are also building products for our restaurant partners to grow their customer base and improve their operations.
At Snackpass, you will talk to customers, find and fix pain points on the fly, and build extensive internal tooling to support on-the-ground launch operations. You will be building a scalable payments platform that handles marketplace transactions between users and restaurants: automated payouts, promotions, customer analytics and acquisition tools, and recommendations.
We believe operating a brick-and-mortar restaurant should be as easy as operating an online Shopify store. Most local business still run on legacy systems. At Snackpass, we are building the OS for local commerce.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of complex web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs)
- Creative and eager to experiment
- Excited about working on social graphs, well-designed infrastructure and payments, and building the next-gen consumer food and buying experience.Takes pains to write readable and maintainable code, not only own the code they wrote but also share it with the team
- Ego-less, will work on whatever needs doing
Our stack 🥞
- React, React Native, Reason
- Node.js, Express
- Heroku, AWS
Projects we've worked on 👷♂️
- Restaurant facing tools for managing their business and engaging customers
- Social rewards system where you can get points for yourself and send them to friends
- Algorithm for trending products
- In-store self-service kiosks
- Mobile app for partners to scale account management, reporting
Snackpass at a glance
Snackpass focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Food and Beverages, Mobile Commerce, and Local. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, and Berkeley. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Snackpass has raised $23.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.