Inspiring a New World of Commerce & Engagement
Senior Backend PHP Developer$75k – $80k • No equity
About the role:
Smooth Commerce is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our Toronto team. As a Senior PHP Developer at Smooth Commerce, you'll report directly to our Backend Team Lead as you build digital products for our clients. You will be responsible for the backend platform that powers all our partner and customer facing apps.
What will you be doing?
- Demonstrate PHP development experience in an MVC framework where you will produce APIs that our mobile apps will consume
- Integrate our platform with various 3rd parties via their APIs.
- Develop new features and maintain existing features on backend system using PHP and MySQL
- Maintain and enhance backend infrastructure in AWS
- Closely follow best practices in software development lifecycle using the agile (Scrum) methodology and industry best practices
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the backend code and databases to ensure strong optimization, functionality, and scalability
- Implement refactors and performance improvements as required
- Collaborate with CTO and members of the technical team to assess and implement new system requirements
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional PHP development skills
- Demonstrated experience in API development and working with third-party APIs
- Solid knowledge of MVC-based PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- Strong ability to write complex SQL queries and tune them using MySQL
- Well-versed in Git for version control and Composer for package management
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other PaaS platforms
- Experience with DevOps *