Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity
Fullstack Developer (Core Platform Services)
As a Fullstack Engineer within our team Aether, you will build our core platform functionality, the glue that holds everything together. You'll be working with designing, building, and operating web and other services. You won't shy away from managing, refactoring, or just providing some love and care to our older systems.We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is NodeJS in combination with Typescript - but we do have one specialised stack written in Elixir. On the front-end side of things, React with Typescript is the flavour du jour.Team Aether is responsible for cross-cutting platform functionality, roles and permissions management, notifications and identity management. We have some interesting frontend and backend challenges awaiting us. We are breaking an aging PHP codebase into separate components while providing value-adding new functionality to our customers. Want to learn more? See How Engineers work at Smartly.io and read more about what we thought of Elixir.
As a Fullstack Developer you will:
- Have cradle-to-grave ownership of vertical slices of our platform.
- Work with our stakeholders—be them UX, product, infrastructure, or our support function—to ensure we meet customers where they are.
- Assist our support functions, both in an advisory role and as a participant. That's right; we all do customer support.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in building web backends using any reasonable stack. We appreciate experience in the above mentioned stacks, and tearing apart a PHP codebase, but if you have experience in another web stack we can work it out.
- Fluency with current frontend development toolchains. We're tackling both React and AngularJS with Typescript codebases, so strength in one of these would be awesome.
- Drive to solve customer problems and deliver value at a fast pace.
What we offer you:
- You'll join a maturing team with a portfolio that isn't bogged down by years of legacy. You can and will have a significant impact on both what we build and how we build things.
- Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every other team will have some skin in the game. Your work will impact our customers and our business.
- You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership.
- If you're interested in working closely with customers, you'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Smartly.io at a glance
Smartly.io focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Ad Targeting, Analytics, and Advertising Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Dubai. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Smartly.io has raised $245.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.