Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity
Fullstack Developer (Feed Management)
We are looking for an experienced fullstack developer to join team Aqueduct, a team building our feed management solution for large-scale cross-platform social advertising. We are looking for a seasoned professional to enable the long-term growth and product success for the team.
For our customers, providing e.g. product, hotel or flight data as feeds can unlock the potential of creative automation with image templates as well as many other nifty features of Smartly.io app. As we are supporting more and more social channels we want to develop our robust feed management platform to serve them all from a one-stop shop. For this, we are looking for a person familiar with solving complex technical problems, who can also seize learning opportunities and share them with the team.
Aqueduct has backend written in Ruby on Rails which will be the main focus for this role. As the team will be starting new projects with some frontend work, you will have the chance to also learn and work with modern frontend technologies like React and Typescript. The team is also responsible for a small service running on Kotlin. If this is an interest area for you, you will have the possibility to research and learn more about it.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io. Another thing that you might find as an interesting read is our blog post about How we build our micro frontends as our team has its own micro frontend as well.
Projects you get to work with:
- In the long term our goal is to provide feed management as a service to all of our channel specific development teams as well as to create a customer facing interface where feeds can be configured and connected to various social channels.
- Your day to day work will focus on building and supporting very important features for your fellow engineers across the organization so you get to work with multiple teams in close collaboration
What we are looking for:
- Work experience in converting business requirements into technical solutions
- Fluency with Ruby on Rails
- Active “ready-to-share” attitude when it comes to learnings and improvement ideas
What we offer you:
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there, like Uber, eBay, Zalando.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): self-learning materials & activities, quarterly team activity days, monthly company activity days and sorts & activity groups
Smartly.io at a glance
Smartly.io focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Ad Targeting, Analytics, and Advertising Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Dubai. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Smartly.io has raised $245.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.