Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity
Backend Focused Fullstack Developer (Dynamic Ads)
We are looking for a skilled backend developer to join team Dynamo, a team building our campaign management solution (Facebook Dynamic Ads) for our largest customers. We are looking for a seasoned professional in order to balance the current team composition.Ads in a Dynamic Ads campaign have dynamic content coming from different data feeds that changes for each user, through Facebook's recommendation engine choosing the items for each individual based on their actions. We built this business critical feature for Smartly.io app some time ago and now it’s time to make it even better going forward. For this, we are looking for a person familiar with solving complex technical problems, who can also seize learning opportunities and share them with the team. Tech stack: PHP and Ruby on Rails in the backend and in the frontend React typed with TypeScript and Angular
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io and for more information about team Top Gun, check out this blog post.
Projects you get to work with
- Improving the current functionalities in current state
- Product discovery to find new possibilities around the feature. The goal is to keep our solutions as simple and maintainable as possible
- In the long term our goal is to get Dynamic Ads out of the core written in PHP. A lot of the work revolves around creating a new microservices environment with the team’s tech stack of choice.
What we are looking for
- Work experience in converting business requirements into technical solutions
- Solid skills in backend development. Your current language of choice doesn’t matter, but what we expect is that you learn the current domain with PHP and contribute to the long-term planning of the tech tack of choice in the future.
- Oldest parts of the codebase have been written with PHP and since you will be working closely with that, it is an asset for you if you have experience of these technologies.
What we offer you
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there, like Uber, eBay, Zalando.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): self-learning materials & activities, quarterly team activity days, monthly company activity days and sorts & activity groups
Smartly.io at a glance
Smartly.io focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Ad Targeting, Analytics, and Advertising Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Dubai. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Smartly.io has raised $245.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.