Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity
Accountant - Group Finance
We are looking for an Accountant to join our global Finance team in Helsinki. This is an exciting time to join us, as we are strengthening our inhouse accounting team where you would be a key player in shaping our accounting function and in-housing our daily bookkeeping routines.
As an Accountant at Smartly.io, you will handle daily accounting related tasks and play an important role in providing accurate financial reporting to our stakeholders together with the team. Your main responsibilities would be our US entity daily bookkeeping routines, which we are currently looking to inhouse. You will also have a chance to take ownership of end-to-end accounting from one of our foreign subsidiaries.
Smartly.io has grown rapidly to new markets, and we have currently 12 legal entities around the world. In this role you will be reporting to our Group Accountant and join our fun, flexible and driven finance team! We hope you enjoy working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. We offer you a steep learning curve and possibility to make a significant impact in the company.
Apply now as the position is filled as soon as the right candidate is found. The position is permanent. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact our Group Accountant Heidi Stranden (heidi.stranden[at]smartly.io +358 50 563 4090). Please note that you need to be authorized to work in Finland to be able to apply for the position.
As an Accountant at Smartly.io, you will:
- Be in charge of the daily accounts receivable tasks such as processing bank statements, and allocating payments to open invoices
- Take part to the accounts payables process such as invoice approval and making payments to our vendors
- Process and approve employee expenses
- Carry out VAT reporting
- Other daily bookkeeping tasks and routines
- Act as a contact point between Smartly.io team and our external service providers abroad
- Take a big role in in-housing some of our subsidiary accounting tasks from our current external service providers
- Help us shape our Group accounting processes going forward
We offer you:
- Dynamic team, fast-growing business and a cosy working environment
- Full 25 days of annual holidays starting to accrue from your first day
- Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook
We're definitely looking for you if you:
- Have relevant work experience in accounting - we do not necessarily expect you to be fully fluent in all the tasks we expect you to eventually take responsibility for, but are also open towards applicants who are willing and able to learn the needed skills
- Have solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and co-operate with the team to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Are detail and result oriented, comfortable working in collaborative setting, and have an eye for continuously automating and improving processes
- Understand FAS
- Are fluent in using MS Office (Excel)
- Are comfortable using Finnish and English in a work context
- Experience in using Netsuite is considered an advantage
- Have legal right to work in Finland
Smartly.io at a glance
Smartly.io focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Ad Targeting, Analytics, and Advertising Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Dubai. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Smartly.io has raised $245.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.