Grow your short-term rental business
Part-Time Customer Support Ninja (24h/w, Remote, Americas)$20k – $50k • No equity
This job search is for a part-time role, for up to 1 position (2 positions have been filled) to serve American timezones. We are hoping to accomplish a strategic transition of our mission and focus. More on this below.
Who we are
tldr; We build software for Airbnbs to rent themselves.
What we do
Our mission is to democratise access to state of the art technology for short-term rentals. We want to facilitate a future where hosting short-term rentals is at least as easy as managing long-term rentals.
Today, we do this by helping Airbnb and HomeAway hosts deliver a great and personal guest experience automatically, though native platform integrations, machine-learning and robust software.
We are a small, but impactful team of 14 people, working all over Europe and America. Our team is fully remote and distributed since Day 1. We embrace the fact that your best environment is wherever you - personally - feel the most productive and comfortable for day-to-day work.
We (used to 🥺) organise frequent meetups and retreats for the team to physically meet throughout the year. The last trips were to Lisbon, Prague, Paris, Tenerife and Brussels. We are all really looking forward to the next time we would all be able to be together.
Our company is bootstrapped (no third-party investor) and generally profitable, with a solo founder (@Pierre-Camille Hamana) who built the first version of the product. We are interested in building a great, growing and sound business. That seems to be working: we help our customers manage together more than 160,000 properties in 142 countries, with a world-class NPS (±75).
How we recruit
Amongst our core values are transparency and humility. To help you in finding out more about Smartbnb, we are releasing an "Applicant Handbook" (on Notion ❤️) that may help you find out more about us, from us:
What is our story with customer support?
- August 2016: first customers are supported by @Pierre-Camille Hamana, the founder.
- August 2017: first recruitment for support with @Marii Ojastu, based in Asia then Europe (and became Product manager in September 2019).
- February 2018 : @Matthew Demetrio joins the support team to cover Europe (became Head of Sales in May 2019).
- Mid 2018: We started offering customer support across both Europe and North America.
- Mid 2019: We completed a full redesign of the web application, with built-in onboarding magic 🧙♀️
- End of 2019: We started experimenting with onboarding services, and Enterprise Sales (and it worked 🤯).
- March 2020: Covid. Yes, Covid happened.
- July 2020: We decided to refocus our business and marketing on individual and growing Airbnb hosts (with 1-5 properties). That drives specific operational consequences on our business (pro-active and self-serve more than reactive customer support).
- Starting from August: we are building this with you?
We are ambitious and take on big challenges together. 🚀 Our customers love the product, provide valuable feedback, and trust us to rapidly help them solve their problems.
Who you are
You are a fantastic human seeking to build something amazing with other fantastic humans!
What you will be working on
- Onboard customers on our product throughout the entire user cycle with live chat and email.
- Respond to user inquiries to help them activate new features and achieve their goals.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues (with the support of the engineering team and our tooling).
- Act as a "feature champion" to educate the product & engineering team about users needs.
- Create content to educate customers (product tours, videos, documentation, FAQ).
- You will always be supported by our @Anthony Monaco, @Hanna Rosol, @Matthew Demetrio, @Pierre-Camille Hamana, @Marii Ojastu, @Nikita Logachev in your daily work.
What you will unlock
- Growth! And leading business initiatives to achieve it.
- Fantastic reviews when we give users more of their life back.
- Team kudos. 🎉
Why you will succeed
- You can investigate problems, but more importantly investigate a solution to those problems.
- You will be on the front-line with customers and keep close ties with the support team.
- You can work with a flat organisational structure, where the initiative relies on you.
How we will grow together
- Level-up 🍄 the support of our customers through daily, compounding improvements.
- Exposure to a product-fanatical team's iterations of features and the company itself.
- You will receive (and provide!) "ticket" reviews between peers.
- You will be challenged, and you will need to rise to the occasion. 💪
What you'll need to bring with you
If you're hesitant to apply for this position because you feel that you don't meet this list of qualifications fully, don't worry! We want to hear from you.
- Caring about the impact your work has on your team and the company.
- Hands-on experience working in B2B Saas.
- Attention to detail and eagerness for constant improvement.
- Everything else is a lovely bonus that we're excited to hear about!
- Very special kudos if you are an Airbnb host or have been working with a short-term rentals business.
What we offer
For us, the company itself is also a product, one that we iterate on. We're always improving and creating an environment where we all love to work.
- 🤗 A supportive and caring team environment.
- 💎 Competitive salary.
- 🏖 Ample - and encouraged - paid leave.
- 👼 Maternity and paternity leave.
- 🔩 All the resources and tools that you need to succeed.
We will cover for your healthcare, or add the cost of healthcare to your compensation (if you are hired under a contractor status).
We do offer paternity and maternity leave for happy events. 🤗
70% of dividends are distributed between team members, according to seniority and performance.
Our team is distributed in 10 countries, in Europe and North America. We don't have an office!
Unlimited vacation policy
We are serious about vacations, with a 3 weeks minimum per year.
Retreats and meetups
We regroup with colleagues in one location to know each other better (and do some serious work).
Transparency by default
Salaries, revenue and expenses, team performance are fully transparent to anyone in the team and reported on weekly.