Fintech for betting
SecDevOps Engineer£75k – £115k • 0.0% – 0.1%
About the Role
We’re creating a new security function, so this is the perfect time to join and be there at the beginning! We’re looking for people to help us integrate security into everything we do so we can keep our customers and infrastructure secure. Whilst a technical role, a big challenge of the position will be instilling a security mindset across the teams via active collaboration on a range of different projects.
This is a software engineering role where you’ll need to be comfortable reviewing code for subtle traps as well as designing service architecture or hardening the engineering pipeline.
- You have professional paranoia!
- You have an in-depth understanding of network, systems and application security
- You are comfortable coding in Python (or a similar language)
- You know what you are doing, and can explain your reasoning to others
- You enjoy collaborating with engineers to review and enhance security measures
- You enjoy reviewing threats and investigating anomalies
- You have experience developing tooling to improve visibility of potential security issues
- You have experience in instilling “best in class” security practices
- You have experience scaling security
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!
Smarkets at a glance
Smarkets focuses on Gambling, Financial Exchanges, and Prediction Markets. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Smarkets has raised $2.71M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2013.