Fintech for betting
Graduate Software Developer
About the Position
Being a Software Engineer at Smarkets means working in high-performing teams that have control over the features they ship and the code they write. We have built a modern tech stack around Linux, Kafka, Postgres, and Kubernetes using Python 3, C++ 17 and React.
The Smarkets platform is used by tens of thousands daily through the app, website or REST API. We are continuously developing new features for these platforms, or improving performance, scalability and usability in the backend.
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You enjoy writing elegant, well-tested and maintainable code
- You are familiar with Python 3. This is a plus, but not a must
- You enjoy collaborating with others
- You can talk comfortably about software at both a high (design) and low (algo) level
- Generous vacation policy
- Stipend for furthering education
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Free lunch in the office, social events, and parties on a frequent basis
- Dog-friendly office in The Downtown LA
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!
Please find more information about our engineering interview process at - https://smarketshq.com/
Smarkets at a glance
Smarkets focuses on Gambling, Financial Exchanges, and Prediction Markets. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Smarkets has raised $2.71M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2013.