Aerial remote sensing and analytics to deliver powerful new information for agriculture
C++ Software Engineer$70k – $110k • 0.0% – 0.2%
We’re a rapidly growing new technology company with global operations and multiple opportunities for dynamic new teammates.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who has the ability and desire to create high quality production applications in C++. You will be adding new tools and features to the image processing and analysis application as well as working with data scientists to implement new image processing and geospatial mapping algorithms. You will be a key contributor to the software development team and with the direction of the software and engineering team members you will work on all aspects of creating deploy-able code including structuring, writing, testing, refining and releasing the code.
You’ll be collaborating with a close-knit SLANTRANGE team who support each other across every role and function.
We offer great salaries, full benefits coverage, and company equity – all from a great San Diego location.
• Develop new features in a windows based application at the direction of the software engineering lead
• Integrate image processing algorithms developed in a variety of different languages into deploy-able C++ code
• Contribute to the back-end development including working with databases, and APIs,
• Adhere to a clean and logical structure for new code development including proper and thorough commenting
• Create automated test sequences for software testing where appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent
• Proficient coding in C++, C#
• Proficient with SQL databases
• Proficient with RESTful APIs
• 4+ years of software development experience
• Self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills, positive attitude and work ethic, and attention to detail. Possesses a “can do/do-it-now” mentality.
• Permitted to work in the United States
• Able to travel
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Image processing experience using OpenCL or similar
• Experience with GeoTiffs, and map projections
• Ability to work in a dynamic and growing environment where job functions can evolve
• High energy, enthusiasm, and mental stamina
SlantRange at a glance
SlantRange focuses on Agriculture, Sensors, Big Data Analytics, and Drones. Their company has offices in San Diego. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SlantRange has raised $5M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2016.