Keep conversations organized with Slack, the smart alternative to email
Sr. Manager, Customer Experience Operations
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 500 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As the Senior Manager of Customer Experience Operations, you will be responsible for designing and executing the internal resources that enable Slack to support customers.
As the leader of the Customer Experience Technical Operations team, you’ll ensure that the tooling we use to interact with customers supercharges the work of our team, fostering the high quality experiences our customers deserve. You’ll build thriving teams, systems, and processes that ensure every customer gets the help they need -- while simultaneously equipping Slack’s Customer Experience staff to scale alongside growing customer demand. This is a cross functional role that requires a deep knowledge of customer experience tooling and customer-driven culture.
Your work will focus on 4 critical questions:
- How might we design and build systems that enable a human, responsive customer experience? (execution)
- How might we mature our tooling and operating model so that our team can scale alongside growing customer demand? (strategy)
- How might we build a team that acts on innovative, new ideas that will improve the customer experience and establish Slack’s position as an industry leader? (leadership)
- How might we tell stories in ways that simplify decision-making for the department and in service of our customers?(communication)
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. This role is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same.
What you will be doing
- Craft a compelling, long term vision for the infrastructure that powers our customer support
- Work across the CE department to prioritize efforts that serve our customers and company priorities
- Build a data-driven framework to assess the health, architecture, and completeness of the tooling the department uses each day
- Execute complex, long-term projects that have many stakeholders
- Ensure net new tools are seamlessly integrated into the existing suite
- Maintain and mature existing tools and support infrastructure
- Build and manage healthy teams that collaborate with each other and with cross-functional partners to prioritize our customers, even in the face of adversity
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and vision of the Global Customer Experience team
- Manage risk by making thoughtful decisions in uncertain environments
What you should have
- You have experience architecting and maintaining complex implementations of customer support tooling and infrastructure
- You have experience serving a complex customer base in the B2B SaaS using a portfolio of channels and tools
- You have experience communicating with executives, both internally and externally
- You have experience leading, managing, and running multiple teams and functions that care deeply about the success of its customers
- You are available to participate in our weekend shift rotation to support on-call needs
- You create an environment where an engaged team will grow and thrive
- You are skilled at explaining ambiguous problems succinctly and clearly
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Health & wellness
Full health coverage for you and your family (Slack pays 100% of your premiums), and a $150 monthly fitness and wellness reimbursement.
A lot of us have families, of all shapes and sizes and types, and we welcome each new addition with generous parental and new child bonding leave.
Learning & development
Receive $500 annually (or equivalent) towards a personal development opportunity of your choice, and $2000 annually (or equivalent) for professional development.
A meeting-light culture (or we try, at least), weekly massage therapy, guest speakers, and opportunities to get to know your team better through things like weekly catered lunch and breakfast, Thursday Socials, and game nights. But we don’t stay in the office 24/7.
Slack at a glance
Slack focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Real Time, Messaging, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Slack has raised $1.01B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.