Keep conversations organized with Slack, the smart alternative to email
Sr. Manager, Customer Experience Services EMEA
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 500 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customised support needs. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As the Regional Manager of Customer Experience for EMEA you will lead and grow the regional team and be responsible for bringing Slack’s legendary customer support to our expanding number of customers. You will serve as a strategist and coach, helping your team remove barriers to work transformation that a customer may face.
This role requires strong strategic, execution and leadership skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack’s customers happy and productive, you will have a team of talented managers and agents looking for your guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their own careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organisational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
What you will be doing
- Own Customer Experience in EMEA and deliver our legendary service to our amazing customers. Be a champion and advocate for regional needs and take responsibility for the engagement of your team.
- Scale Customer Experience in EMEA through strategies that advance our ability to meet the growing demand for Slack around the world.
- Work with the VP of Customer Experience to forecast, hire, retain, and develop a global team that loves coming to work each day.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to reach their goals.
- Inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving toward team goals.
- Develop relationships across the entire organisation at Slack to advocate for the best customer experience possible.
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honour the mission and culture of the global Customer Experience team.
- Monitor and drive key metrics that ensure the quality of our service.
- Champion a culture of feedback
What you should have
- You have experience building, leading, and running a global team that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team and a history of developing amazing talent
- You have prior experience leading customer support for a SaaS-based web application or within an industry where customer care and service is critical
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreements across cross-functional teams both locally and globally.
- You have a bias for action and execute at a high level, whilst holding yourself and your team accountable for results.
- You identify areas where investments would accelerate impact and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions which will grow the team and benefit our customers.
- You are skilled at explaining problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker. You communicate your vision and purpose effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You are motivated by improving the customer experience and bring that energy and enthusiasm to those around you
Health & wellness
Full health coverage for you and your family (Slack pays 100% of your premiums), and a $150 monthly fitness and wellness reimbursement.
A lot of us have families, of all shapes and sizes and types, and we welcome each new addition with generous parental and new child bonding leave.
Learning & development
Receive $500 annually (or equivalent) towards a personal development opportunity of your choice, and $2000 annually (or equivalent) for professional development.
A meeting-light culture (or we try, at least), weekly massage therapy, guest speakers, and opportunities to get to know your team better through things like weekly catered lunch and breakfast, Thursday Socials, and game nights. But we don’t stay in the office 24/7.
Slack at a glance
Slack focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Real Time, Messaging, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Slack has raised $1.01B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.