Keep conversations organized with Slack, the smart alternative to email
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Slack Connect
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help drive one of the most strategic areas within Slack: Slack Connect – a better way for organizations to work together more productively.
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive, and for years, Slack has been changing the way millions of people work together within their organization. But work doesn’t stop within a company’s walls. Crafted to replace email, Slack Connect extends all the benefits of Slack to everyone you work with – inside and outside your organization. It’s the next step in Slack’s vision to completely transform business communication.
We’re seeking a highly skilled, confident, and motivated marketer to partner with our customer-facing organizations (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Experience) in driving awareness, consideration, and adoption of Slack Connect within our customer base. You will be charged with driving the go-to-market strategy (planning, enablement, content, experiments/campaigns) for Slack’s Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Experience teams, working closely with leaders across these organizations, as well as Sales Enablement and Sales Operations, to bring direction and prioritization to critical initiatives, key experiments, and integrated field motions. You will also be the voice of our customer for Slack Connect – regularly joining customer calls, gathering proof points, and working creatively across teams to tell their stories.
You have a passion for navigating ambiguity, driving clarity, and influencing strategy. You demonstrate a collaborative spirit, strong leadership, project management, interpersonal and analytical skills. You know how to adapt quickly, optimize for learning at every step, and evaluate tradeoffs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead go-to-market strategy for Slack Connect for our customer facing teams (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Experience)
- Partner with cross-functional management and leadership to craft experiments, incentives, and strategies to deepen usage among high-potential accounts
- Create and iterate on content and collateral to aid adoption; partner with Sales Enablement to measure impact of materials and messaging.
- Develop scaled outreach and education plan and create content to educate Slack customers on Slack connect (i.e. webinars, emails, etc)
- Partner with regional marketing teams to localize key collateral
What you should have
- 6-8+ years of proven experience in product marketing, sales, content marketing, or consulting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills: experience presenting to leadership and creating content, decks, or other collateral
- Prior experience working in enterprise SaaS or extensive experience working closely with revenue organizations.
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of information and present to different audiences in clear and effective ways
- Be forward-thinking, well organized, and have an obsession for detail
- Passionate about the Slack brand and product
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Health & wellness
Full health coverage for you and your family (Slack pays 100% of your premiums), and a $150 monthly fitness and wellness reimbursement.
A lot of us have families, of all shapes and sizes and types, and we welcome each new addition with generous parental and new child bonding leave.
Learning & development
Receive $500 annually (or equivalent) towards a personal development opportunity of your choice, and $2000 annually (or equivalent) for professional development.
A meeting-light culture (or we try, at least), weekly massage therapy, guest speakers, and opportunities to get to know your team better through things like weekly catered lunch and breakfast, Thursday Socials, and game nights. But we don’t stay in the office 24/7.
Slack at a glance
Slack focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Real Time, Messaging, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Slack has raised $1.01B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.