Vertical SaaS-enabled B2B Marketplace for the Airline Industry
Airline & MRO Business Development Manager$50k – $90k • 0.03% – 0.06%
SkySelect is looking for a seasoned business development professional to join our team as the Head of Airline & MRO Acquisition focused on winning new business within the airline industry.
You will be responsible for creating strategic plans to capture new business ranging throughout the sales cycle from building a sales pipeline to first contact to close. As our Head of Airline & MRO Acquisition, you'll bring your sales experience, competitiveness, growth mindset, and creativity to create and execute an enterprise sales playbook to partner with some of the most innovative airline operators in the world. It is a hunter role, in addition to knocking the right doors, he/she will also work across our teams to win new businesses and increase market share.
You will report directly to our co-founder and CEO. Your primary focus will be to help build and establish SkySelect as the best way for airline maintenance leaders to buy the best spare parts at the best price anywhere from across the globe. You'll proactively create and develop new business and market opportunities by implementing and executing business development strategy and plans for our target partners.
SkySelect is a marketplace for the $100B aircraft parts industry. We are helping the world’s leading airlines to operate efficiently and on-time by enabling maintenance leaders to automate the purchasing and fulfillment of high quality aircraft parts from the world’s leading suppliers. SkySelect was founded in 2017, with a clear mission to connect aircraft parts buyers and sellers through seamless transactions. SkySelect recently raised a Series A from a leading VC firm Lux Capital and has demonstrated traction with customers across the globe. We are actively growing our team in Tallinn (Estonia).
SkySelect is a product-first company. We believe in the consumerization of the enterprise powered by real-time data, powerful analytics, meaningful user interactions, and well-designed interfaces. We aim to empower our users and turn them into superheroes inside their respective organizations. The aviation industry is going through major transformation and it is the ideal time to join us in the quest to disrupt the industry by connecting the world's leading airlines and suppliers digitally.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team, manage day-to-day operations, and be accountable for increasing sales pipeline and new client acquisition.
- Identify new business opportunities, set meetings, pitch offerings and close sales within your target airline/MRO accounts.
- Build strategic relationships with key airlines/MROs in order to up-sell and grow to meet our revenue goals.
- Develop a high level understanding of current systems used by our buyers & how our solutions would interface/displace them.
- Keep up to date with trends and changes within the airline industry that may present opportunities for SkySelect to better serve buyers.
- Provide timely project forecasting through utilization of our CRM.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working in the aviation sector dealing with aircraft parts with a granular understanding of order turnaround times and spares aftermarket.
- Direct contacts in airlines and MROs is a strong plus!
- Excellent outbound sales skills with proven track record of high performance in a pipeline generating or closing role.
- Excellent selling, negotiating, and closing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong working with technology and great technical presentation skills.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently to work across different timezones, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- Ability to build relationships with strategic client and industry thought leaders.
- Demonstrated passion for start-ups and new technology businesses.
- Knowledge of CRM programs.
SkySelect at a glance
SkySelect focuses on SaaS, B2B, Marketplaces, and Supply Chain Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Tallinn. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SkySelect has raised $12M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.