Vertical SaaS-enabled B2B Marketplace for the Airline Industry
Director of Marketing
SkySelect is building a marketplace for the $100B aircraft parts industry. The aviation industry is going through major transformation and SkySelect is supporting the world's leading airlines such as JetBlue, LATAM, Avianca and others to boost productivity and savings by automating one of their biggest cost centres, which is the buying of aircraft parts.
SkySelect is hiring a key early member to drive growth and marketing. We want you to help us tell the SkySelect story, define our product category and position us as the shining star of it. We have an ambitious goal to have the largest and most innovative airlines in the world consistently using SkySelect for their spares and to be the recognized leader in this new category. You will work closely with our CEO and team on growth, product, and strategy for reaching our customers.
This crisis acts as a catalyst for change and presents an ideal opportunity to disrupt aviation by connecting the world's leading airlines and suppliers digitally. Join us in this quest.
SkySelect was founded in 2017 by aviation, supply chain, enterprise software entrepreneurs and is backed by Lux Capital, Bain Capital Ventures and Initialized Ventures.
Who you are: You are mission-driven and highly entrepreneurial. We value people with a strong sense of ownership, that are inherently kind, with a high bar for quality, a bias towards action, cultivate a student mindset, and a data-informed decision-making process
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own our messaging to the market, hone target audiences and segmentation, define our positioning, shape our narrative.
- Develop a coherent and actionable marketing plan including foundational brand building; messaging and communications; case studies development; relationship management with key influencers; analyst outreach and development; growth strategy, and tactics.
- Understand the needs of airline maintenance managers and parts suppliers through surveys, tests, interviews, and analysis of product usage data.
- Create, test, and iterate on messaging that inspires and drives results throughout the customer life cycle.
- Execute go-to-market campaigns to drive product adoption, growth, and retention.
- Lead our content development efforts including websites, blogs, white-papers, social posts and marketing collateral for the sales team to use (e.g. specific to offers/events).
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve.
- Develop, model, and test pricing.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of work experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments (regulated industries and/or marketplaces a plus!), 5+ in product marketing.
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a startup environment.
- Experience navigating regulated industries, healthcare, and/or financial services a plus.
- People management skills. Ability to set north star strategy, coach teams to goals, and attract top talent.
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems.
- A product mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams along with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations.
SkySelect at a glance
SkySelect focuses on SaaS, B2B, Marketplaces, and Supply Chain Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Tallinn. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SkySelect has raised $12M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.