Providing the world’s safest, fastest, most uplifting urban transportation solutions.
Aircraft Integration Engineer
$65k – $125k AngelList Est.
Skyryse is on a mission to get people where they want to be quickly, affordably and safely. It’s the first tech-enhanced air mobility service to operate in the U.S. and was developed by some of the world’s foremost aerospace and mobility experts from Airbus, Boeing, SpaceX, Tesla, and the military. Skyryse’s Flight Stack automates flight and is designed to achieve unmatched safety by eliminating opportunities for manual error especially in emergency situations. It features an enhanced communication system and a network of smart helipads to make urban flight mainstream. The Flight Stack is compatible with any FAA-approved vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft. Skyryse is headquartered in Hawthorne, California.
Why this role is mission critical
The aircraft integration becomes the last gate to guard the safety of flight for those most complex and advanced flight control and automation systems. In this role, the aircraft airworthiness status is at your hand. You will be facing many challenges in highly complicated situation, including but not limited to Aircraft on Ground (AoG) emergencies, and resolve the most complex engineering problems in a timely manner. You will also interface with internal and external teams and coordinate/lead them to meet our business objectives. You will also directly support FAA conformity inspection and other major certification milestones.
* Integrate and qualify the aircraft and various mechanical/electrical/avionics systems installations and modifications to be flightworthy for developmental flight/ground test, FAA TIA (Type Inspection Authorization), First Flight (FF), Certification Ground/Flight test
* Manage the aircraft configurations AS-Designed, As-Installed, As-Operated at any time
* Design, select and integrate various types of flight instrumentation systems, ground systems and off-board systems with aircraft systems.
* Develop/maintain aircraft ground levels of verification cases, procedures and report
* Bachelor degree in any engineering discipline
* 5+ years hands on experience of any rotorcraft or fixed wing aircraft modifications, systems integrations or V&V activities
* In-depth understanding of one or many of the following systems: primary flight control systems, mechanical systems, air/inertial/position/other navigation sensors systems, electrical systems, electrical wiring systems, avionics systems
* Excellent understanding of 14CFR part 21, 23, 27 Regulatory Requirements, Advisory Circular and policies
* Can-do attitude to build something from ground zero
* Small engineering/technical team management experience
* Proficient in one or more configuration management and problem tracking tools, such as JIRA, Git/GitLab, Confluence, etc.
* Masters or PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: system engineering, mechanical, aerospace, EE, physics, software engineering discipline
* 10+ years hands on experience of advanced flight control systems, Electrical Motor Actuation systems or other safety critical systems integration and verification
* Experience with conforming aircraft for Ground Test. Flight Test, Lab. Test
* Extensive experience of automating aircraft level verifications using dSpace or other similar software platform
* Large scale project management experience and suppliers technical management
* Familiar with ARP4754A, DO-178(), DO-254 and DO-160 development processes and objectives
This position reports to the Director of Integration and Certification
Benefits & perks
Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, and have 100% of your insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.