Leading the Workforce Reskilling Movement
Data Scientist$80k – $110k
All applicants MUST complete a SkyHive profile to be considered for this position. Please create a profile by uploading your CV, or manually filling out your information at www.skyhive.io.
Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Are you a systems thinker who’d rather debate the concept than argue the example? Do you prize logic, feel accountable and hold others to a high standard?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then we want to hear from you! Every day, SkyHive's startup environment will present new challenges, opportunities to grow, and a place to build something truly unique.
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist who can dive into high volumes of quantitative data, raw telemetry, and survey data. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in data science and will be willing to take initiative in pioneering new methods of modeling and analytics.
- Perform research in NLP/Deep Learning and build machine learning models to improve content understanding, content ranking & recommendations.
- Prototype machine learning algorithms and assess how to apply them to solve business problems.
- Analyze data sources and perform data collection/annotation.
- Maintain and improve the performance and effectiveness of existing Natural -
- Language Processing (NLP) algorithms.
- Work with the team to build data pipeline/infrastructure to deliver machine learning algorithms into production
Who are you?
Qualifications (Must haves)
- Minimum 2 years of Python experience
- Knowledge of and experience working with machine learning tools such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, spacy…
- Minimum 2 years of Natural Language Processing experience
- Familiar with Deep Learning concepts and how to do NLP using Deep Learning
- Have good developer skills supported by real-life experience
- Self-starter instincts
- Be a Kaggler
- Have open source projects
- Familiarity with recent development in the field of Deep Learning/NLP
Who are we?
Recognized as a top startup by Forbes, Startup Grind, and C100, SkyHive is an award-winning AI technology that deepens our understanding of labour markets, workforces and individuals, enabling new ways of acquiring, developing and engaging talent.
Established in 2017 with the mission of tackling global poverty and social inequality, SkyHive aims to utilize its exponential technology to stimulate economic empowerment and lifelong learning; ultimately fostering a stronger, more prepared, and more confident workforce to welcome a brighter tomorrow.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to get your foot in the door of a fast-growing tech company
- Collaborative team environment and culture with a flat organizational design
- Comprehensive health benefits package & MSP coverage
- Three weeks’ paid vacation to start, paid holidays and birthday leave!
- Stock options & gainsharing plan
- Certified B-Corp
- Paid & unpaid volunteer time off
- Charitable donation matching program to support your favorite charity.
- Opportunity to explore other departments as training and career continues.
- Professional development assistance program that covers professional -continuing education
- Beautiful pet-friendly office in A1 location with stunning views, beer, and cider on tap and an in-house gym
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year
Please note: Candidates will be asked to complete a technical test during the interview.
SkyHive at a glance
SkyHive focuses on Enterprise Software, Artificial Intelligence, Future Of Work, and Workforce Management. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.