Licensing Marketplace for the Music Industry
Software Developer, Frontend$65k – $120k • 0.0% – 0.5%
At SKIO we believe in simplicity and creativity. So, we’ve made it easier to collaborate with anyone, anywhere, and anytime you like. Share music with artists and producers from around the world; find inspiration in their sounds and let them bring yours to new markets and genres. If you want to be part of a movement to digitize the music business, join our high-performance team!
We are looking for multiple people and consider different levels of seniority.
WHO YOU ARE
A talented Software Developer ready for a challenge. You have a passion for writing clean, beautiful code that provides an amazing user experience. You’re familiar with UI/UX best practices and are able to incorporate them into your projects.
Being part of a small team you’ll have a real impact on the experience provided to our community. We’re looking for people that are not afraid to take ownership of their projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a frontend developer you'll be working on our web app, collaborating closely with our designers and other engineers to plan, implement, and test new features. You will own the frontend of the app, making sure our community can enjoy a clean, intuitive, and responsive user interface.
- Experience with test frameworks and writing clean, testable code
- Good sense of visual design, proportions, colours
- Experience building, extending, and maintaining software in a team
- Experience with CSS animations and microinteractions
- Experience with Webpack or other modern bundlers
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience working on a larger, production app (frontend and/or backend)
- Degree in software engineering or computer science
- Background in music production / audio engineering
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT SKIO
- Be part of a team where your voice will be heard. You'll be given the opportunity to help shape the future of the global SKIO Music network of over 250,000 artists.
- Enjoy the central location of our downtown offices on Robson Street in Vancouver, BC.
SKIO Music at a glance
SKIO Music focuses on Europe, Canada, and South America. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Vancouver. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SKIO Music has raised $1.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.