The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
You have a passion for working with indie developers, and are looking to bring revolutionary change to the games industry - making every mobile game an esport. You will be responsible for our most important business vertical: independent game developers who are driving the forefront of game innovation. You will be part of the Inside sales team, reporting to the VP of Sales. You are a strong advocate for developers, are well versed with game development cycles and needs, and carry an entrepreneurial drive. You have a strong track record of delivering results month over month, quarter over quarter.
- Your key objective is to prospect and sign new mobile game developers onto the Skillz platform
- Be adept at helping developers navigate the integration process onto the Skillz platform
- Develop meaningful relationships with decision makers and influencers within the games industry
- Be effective at presenting, objection handling, and offering solutions
- Become an expert with the Skillz platform, mobile gaming at large, how the two interplay and how Skillz enhances gaming for players and game developers
- Communicate effectively with prospects via phone, email and in-person
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- 2-4 years professional experience in sales, ideally for a technology company
- Preference for backgrounds in Game Services: Monetization, Advertising, Analytics, Platform, Game Engine, Business Intelligence, SDK, Rewards
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Medical, dental, & vision
Skillz provides comprehensive medical, dental, vision & pre-tax benefit options to support the well-being of Skillzians & their family.
401(k) match program
Tomorrow is as important as today. We offer a 401(k) match to support our team’s financial health and long-term planning.
Each employee represents a critical part of what makes Skillz great. Access to stock options is one way we share these long-term wins together.
Paid time off policy
All things in life have their place. Generous PTO, winter shut-down + half-day summer Fridays in August helps Skillzians stay well-rounded & rested.
Snacks, friday team lunch, dinners
Enjoy 5 company-paid meals per week plus snacks for the hungry moments in-between.
$10 off Uber Pool & Lyft Line at the end of each work day.
Our actions shape our culture & our community. We support each other & share a commitment to advancing our vision of Gaming for Good.
Skillz at a glance
Skillz focuses on Mobile, Entertainment, Sports, Video Games, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Skillz has raised $65M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.