The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Skillz is the leading marketplace platform that helps players discover mobile games and compete against other players around the world.
There are 2.6 billion people playing and competing in mobile video games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services they need to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue.
The company helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments entries for 30 million mobile players worldwide and distributing over $60 million in prizes each month.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as the National Football League’s investment arm, 32 Equity. The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
We are true fans and believers of our product, so don’t be surprised when you see us playing Skillz games at our desks; in fact, that type of behavior is encouraged. You can catch us on Thursday nights playing anything from Counter Strike to Scrabble over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company making eSports for Everyone. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace for competitive tournaments, we all work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, smart and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out of the box strategies to propel our business. Our staff comes from diverse backgrounds and our leadership have funded, built and sold successful companies. We know how to scale disruptive technology companies and if you're up for the challenge, we would love you to join our team and help us shape the future of games and sports.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a competitive person who thrives under pressure. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in directly impacts the growth of a fast growing organization. You are tech savvy, can identifying talent and qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. You like to learn about different roles and departments within our organization so that you can sell opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Help identify, source and screen both technical and non-technical top tier candidates
- Utilize recruiting tools such as Linkedin, boolean searches and your own network to build pipelines for our top hiring priorities
- Help manage candidate flow through our applicant tracking systems
- Assist in posting jobs, coordinating/scheduling interviews with hiring managers
- Provide a fast and diligent experience for every candidate from the application stage to the on-boarding process
- Meet aggressive hiring goals in various areas including but not limited to: software development, product management, mobile development (both Android and iOS), UI/UX design, marketing, business development and operations.
- Participate in daily meetings to discuss top priority jobs and current candidate pipelines
- Degree from a four year college or university
- 0-2 years of sourcing or recruiting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with both internal members at Skillz, as well as external candidates being recruited into the organization
- Ability to partner with hiring managers and senior management to draw up job descriptions, understand team needs and close offers
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in an agile environment
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly that you aren’t familiar with (i.e. Google Docs, Google Drive, Applicant Tracking Systems, Salesforce)
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced environment or within a recruiting agency is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status and/or disability status.