The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking for:
We’re looking for a bold creative strategist to help build our growing in-house creative agency. As part of an accomplished team, your job will be to unearth insights that help the team tell compelling and effective stories. We work fast and have fun doing so. We need someone who has a passion for understanding the complexities of human behavior and a knack for finding insights in the unlikeliest of places.
What You Will Do:
- Unearth insights about consumers, culture, category, and company
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research in support of brand, business, and campaign strategies
- Write clear briefs that inspire team members to create exceptional work
- Deeply understand media platforms across formats and channels, being able to speak fluently in how creative ideas can manifest in different places
- Measure the effectiveness of our work in market, and adjust accordingly
- Stay on top of industry, cultural, and consumer trends
- Degree from a four-year college or university
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- A problem solver with a curious mindsight
- A proven background in both qualitative and quantitative research
- A beacon of inspiration and insight for creative teams
- Experience in performance marketing is preferred but not required
- Experience with brand strategy and measurement a plus Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status and/or disability status.