The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Head of Product, Game Operations
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for Skillz. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real world prizes by playing their favorite mobile games. Skillz has enabled hundreds of games to add competitive dynamics for real world prizes to create entirely new play experiences, opportunities for monetization and a new way to make e-sports more inclusive for everyone. To support our developer partners and internal operations we need to build amazing tools that help us run amazing compelling tournaments, reduce costs, automate operations, and reduce the need to hire additional customer support as we scale Skillz to thousands of games and a billion players.
If you’re making a transition from consulting or process re-engineering this is a fantastic way to learn about product management, have impact, and make the transition to technology product management.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our business teams to help build features for our admin portal
- Create wireframes, write specifications and present recommendations for new features in our ever evolving platform
- Utilize machine learning to build world class customer support tools that reduce the need for human customer support
- Perform analysis to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
- Oversee the research, data gathering and studies required to produce thoughtful product evolutions
- Maintain processes to ensure documentation, reports and plans are accurate and complete
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, product development, management consulting, quantitative analysis or similar field
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
- Ability to approach complex problems and transform them into simple and elegant solutions
- Understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance