The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Product Design Manager, Player Experience
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Designer Manager to join our Player Experience team and lead the design efforts of a small team of product designers to create a new industry standard for competitive mobile gaming experiences.
Your passion for design leads you to creating fresh new concepts that can change an industry. You take initiative, you find solutions to obvious and hidden problems without being asked. The status quo is not sufficient, and you are constantly looking for new ways to improve your designs and a user’s experience and you expect the people around you to do the same.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and mentor a team of product designers creating competitive mobile gaming experiences on both iOS and Android
- Partner closely with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross functional teams to deliver amazing and effective work
- Collaborate with Design and Skillz leadership to determine our overall player experience design direction
- Own the design efforts for and bring clarity to large and ambiguous product experiences
- Contribute to iterating on our product experiences through user research
- Drive design thinking within the larger Product Design organization and encourage various design focused problem-solving methodologies
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX or Product Designer.
- You have successfully managed or led a team of designers for 2+ years.
- Mobile design experience for iOS and Android
- Portfolio that showcases sound product thinking and design rationale through navigation, user flows, interaction design, and information architecture
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong understanding of how users engage with the aesthetics of a product through the use of typography, color, imagery, layout, and grid systems
- Ability to manage deadlines and collaborate in a cross functional environment
- Capable of supporting your designs with strong rationale, research, and effective communication
- Experienced in using various design software including Sketch, Invision, and Adobe CS
- Experience with motion design and animation is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance