The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Head of Live Ops
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Live Ops is a mindset, an approach to managing a live game and it’s player base to drive ongoing user engagement, retention, and satisfaction. As the Head of Live Ops at Skillz, you will develop a Live Ops team and program to create money-can’t-buy experiences and forever customers across the Skillz mobile gaming platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a world-class Live Ops team and program designed to drive heightened monetization and deep retention of mobile gaming players across the network of game environments on the Skillz platform
- Partner with the player marketing team to segment players and make targeted communications or offers appropriate for each segment
- Design special in-game and system-wide live events to stimulate engagement of active and lapsed players
- Lead the controlled and intelligent execution of Live Ops initiatives across many teams including Marketing, Customer Service, UA, PR, and Product.
- Collect and analyze game data to provide insight into how to tune and improve Skillz games
- Partner with Product Development team to spec new tools and features to enable next generation Live Ops
- Develop KPIs and reporting to regularly monitor the progress and efficacy of the program
- Work alongside teammates who care about creating money-can’t-buy experiences for forever customers as much as you do
- 3+ years experience in product management, analytics, consulting or related field
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Previous experience in mobile games a plus, but not required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.