The Platform For Competitive Mobile Games
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What You'll Do:
Are you someone who can think quick on your feet and is not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get any task done? If so, this position might just be your calling. Skillz is looking for an ambitious, smart, self-driving individual to support our Executive Assistant. You will report to the CEO’s Executive Assistant and will interface regularly with him, the CRO, and the CTO. You will not only have the opportunity to work closely with the leadership of our company, but you will see firsthand how a fast growing company scales.
If you enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization, then this role at Skillz may be the perfect fit.
- There will be regular tasks such as picking up lunches, preparing and distributing weekly summaries for company-wide meetings, taking meeting notes, making restaurant reservations.
- You will also need to address impromptu tasks as they arise, such as researching vendors to repair broken items, and occasionally running errands outside of the office.
- Calendar/Schedule: double check the CRO and CTO calendars regularly to ensure there are no conflicts.
- Attend to administrative & personal tasks: all travel arrangements (domestic and international), corporate functions (i.e., dinner meetings), expense reports, personal tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Use good decision making skills to determine the level of urgency of matters brought to your attention and work accordingly
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports and presentations and other documents as needed.
- Assist in other general administrative duties as needed.
- 1-3 years work experience in the capacity of an Administrative, Executive, Legal Assistant or similar
- Excellent computer skills and fluency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Google (i.e., calendar, docs, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized while having high attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Holds oneself to a high standard and expects that of others
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and proactive, but has the ability to take direction
- Share a passion for Skillz
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams
- Ability to adapt to quick changing scheduling and last minute requests
- Fast learner and can convey correct information regarding operations, policies, practices etc., quickly and efficiently
- Develop cross-functional relationships between departments
- Experience with start-up environment, rapid growth, or tech is a plus
- BA/BS preferred