Worldwide leader in mobile eSports
Product Manager, Player Experience
$110k – $150k estimated
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real world prizes. We build a player experience that is a visually rich with tournaments, chat, leaderboards, payments and customer support. In this role, you and the team will be designing the product roadmap and executing the creation/ideation of all major features in the player experience, impacting millions of players in the process. As a product manager you bridge the gap between our internal and external customers, engineering, design, and business to drive the production process towards high quality and on time feature releases. You are able to take data and customer insights and drive to a successful feature. You have a detailed vision of a solution for every problem, yet you’re open to and encourage a collaborative environment at all times. Associate Product Managers manage and own key features on Skillz products.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with our business teams to help build features for our cross platform mobile SDK
* Create wireframes, write design specifications, and present recommendations for new features in our ever evolving platform
* Perform analysis to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
* Plan, oversee, and execute the research, data gathering, and studies required to produce thoughtful product evolutions
* Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
* Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
* 2-3 years of experience in product management, product development, game design, management consulting, quantitative analysis, or a similar field
* 1+ years of experience specifically in mobile product management, product development, or game design
* 1+ years experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web, mobile, or other technology company
* Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
* You are able to approach complex problems and convert them into simple and elegant solutions
* Deep understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
* Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
Great to Have:
* Working understanding of SQL
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.