Adaptable VR training for the 21st century (YC W18)
Technical Project Manager
Sketchbox and we’re on a mission to create the building blocks - like design tools and backend infrastructure - to make designing AR & VR applications just as easy as creating a website.
Sketchbox is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture firms in including YCombinator and General Catalyst. We are open to remote applicants.
We were in the W2018 batch of Y-Combinator. We work with organizations like 3M, IBM and the US Air Force.
We are looking for:
An experienced technical project manager, who can work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders, implementing lightweight solutions to ensure quality, predictability and transparency in the development process
• Work with the engineering team to build and maintain the schedules for their projects
• Drive smart decisions about resource management when prioritizing multiple complex projects
• Collaborate with project managers in other parts of the organization to support healthy feature development throughout Unity
• Ensure partners and in-house teams work together fluently, respecting divergent processes and cultures
• Design process solutions that address issues/impediments without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
• Create regular project status updates for internal and external stakeholders
• Support Unity’s core values: Democratize Development, Solve Hard Problems, and Enable Success
• Proven experience in software project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization
• Experience with multiple project management methodologies, including agile and waterfall
• Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: software engineering, voice communication, game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
Sketchbox at a glance
Sketchbox focuses on Enterprise Software, Product Design, Augmented Reality, Training, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Austin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.sketchbox3d.com