Adaptable VR training for the 21st century (YC W18)
Senior Concept Artist0.1% – 1.0%
Sketchbox and we’re on a mission to create the building blocks - like design tools and backend infrastructure - to make designing AR & VR applications just as easy as creating a website.
Sketchbox is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture firms in including YCombinator and General Catalyst. We are open to remote applicants.
We were in the W2018 batch of Y-Combinator. We work with organizations like 3M, IBM and the US Air Force.
We are looking for:
An experiences Concept Artist with games, VR/AR, or other 3D interactive industry background.
• Create environment concept art, matte paintings, and architecture studies.
• Create illustrations for project marketing materials.
• Create sketches and detailed renderings of props and individual environmental elements.
• Create UI and Graphic Design mockups.
• Exceptional foundation art skills.
• Strong understanding of industrial design with an application in describing function and form.
• Strong understanding of modern matte painting techniques.
• Strong understanding of modern pop culture trends within the entertainment industry with an ability to successfully apply to concept art and product style.
• A• Must be an expert in industry standard 2D applications such as Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator etc.
• Strong understanding of 3D applications such as Zbrush, Maya/Max, Modo.
• Basic understanding of motion graphic software such as After Effects and Premier.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating industry leading concept art/illustration skills
Sketchbox at a glance
Sketchbox focuses on Enterprise Software, Product Design, Augmented Reality, Training, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Austin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.sketchbox3d.com