Adaptable VR training for the 21st century (YC W18)
Sound Designer0.1% – 1.0%
Sketchbox and we’re on a mission to create the building blocks - like design tools and backend infrastructure - to make designing AR & VR applications just as easy as creating a website.
Sketchbox is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture firms in including YCombinator and General Catalyst. We are open to remote applicants.
We were in the W2018 batch of Y-Combinator. We work with organizations like 3M, IBM and the US Air Force.
We are looking for:
A Technical Audio Designer to help prototype and define new audio UI/UX paradigms and experiences.with games, VR/AR, or other 3D interactive industry background.
•Design and implement unique and compelling sound assets for the interactive experiences
•Define UX for new first party applications
•Mentor audio team members
•Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs
• You have strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills
• Experience integrating sound assets with audio engines such as AVAudioEngine, FMOD, or WWise
• Experience using game engines such as RealityKit, Unity, or Unreal
• Experience coding in a language such as Swift, Objective-C, C# and/or C++
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in the following strongly preferred:
• Sound design for games or art installations
• Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc.
• Experience w/ MaxMSP, PureData, or other audio prototyping environments
Sketchbox at a glance
Sketchbox focuses on Enterprise Software, Product Design, Augmented Reality, Training, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Austin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.sketchbox3d.com