Adaptable VR training for the 21st century (YC W18)
Technical/VFX Artist (Unity)0.1% – 1.0%
Sketchbox is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture firms in including YCombinator and General Catalyst. We are open to remote applicants.
We were in the W2018 batch of Y-Combinator. We work with organizations like 3M, IBM and the US Air Force.
We are looking for:
An experienced technical artist with games, VR/AR, or other 3D interactive industry background who can create optimal pipeline and optimization tools specifically in physically correct art development, lighting and shaders, rigging, animation, or effects.
• Help define the technical quality standards, overseeing the development of art pipelines
• Contribute to the development of artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product's visual style and encourage artistic technical evolution within the studio
• Provides input on the technical methods to achieve the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle
• Create tools and processes that assist in authoring environment art, vfx, destruction simulations, animation, lighting, and post process effects
• Work with other tech artists/engineers to identify and implement art-pipeline optimizations and to create technical benchmarks to be used in production
• Minimum of 5 years’ production experience using game engines to create real-time VFX with a supporting body of work.
• Experience creating advanced real-time visual effects out of a variety of building blocks including particles, static textures, animated textures, lights, post processing, materials, meshes and shaders.
• Demonstrated experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions.
• Excellent composition/framing skills and sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color.
• Experience developing consistent visual language across an eco-system of effects.• Unreal Engine Proficiency with Cascade and/or Niagara, and generally strong at visual scripting thru node based systems.
• Proficiency with visual scripting and node based systems such as UE4 Cascade/Niagara & Blueprints or Unity VFX Graph.
• Ability to create assets within the confines of real-time engine memory and performance constraints, and the ability to optimize effects to achieve the highest visual quality.
• Experience with in engine lighting, post effects, and Physically Based shading models.
• Experience with runtime dynamic systems for physics based animation, impact interactions, destruction, water, cloth & hair sim, etc.
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya, general understanding of animation/modeling/texturing and instancing pipelines.
• Expert experience creating 3D assets and materials in other packages as needed to support effects [Houdini, Nuke, Substance Designer, Photoshop, After Effects, etc. ].
Sketchbox at a glance
Sketchbox focuses on Enterprise Software, Product Design, Augmented Reality, Training, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Austin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.sketchbox3d.com