Want to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in Australia? Sine is expanding rapidly and now is the perfect time to become part of our success story.
At Sine, we find solutions to everyday workplace issues. We thrive on helping the largest corporates, through to the local school, find an easier way to streamline their workplace with paperless, secure and easy to use solutions that save time.
Our mission is to make it really easy for visitors, contractors and staff to “check-in” using their smartphone, an iPad or the web to the everyday locations they attend. We want to make our customers operations safer and save visitors, contractors and staff valuable time. Sine has been rolled out to 1000’s of companies around the world and is used at locations such as schools, sports stadiums, offices, industrial, medical, retail and commercial facilities.
What you'll do
- Work with a modern stack which includes Node, React, Redux, Postgres, Mongodb, Redis and SNS - all running in AWS.
- Help us build microservices using Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA and Bitbucket
- Foster team development by reviewing code, providing constructive suggestions and mentoring other team members
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Provide relative estimates for the development effort, validate and improve continuously.
- Provide operational support of the solution, responding to production alarms on a rostered basis
What you'll need
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical experience developing software solutions in a comparable software stack
- Solid understanding of security, web standards and architecture
- Ability to understand both functional and non-functional requirements of a solution which are built for scale
- Good principles of software design and architecture
- RESTFul API design
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience working with non trivial SPAs
- Working knowledge of React and AngularJS
What's on offer
- A fun yet hardworking team culture
- Monday to Friday office hours, great work-life balance
- Weekly team drinks and regular events
- Modern office conveniently located 5 minutes east of the CBD
- The opportunity to make a real impact within a fast-growing business
The people behind Sine are smart, creative and motivated to build enduring, robust and scalable products. We invest in quality at every stage of the process and are looking to invest in making the team faster and more impactful. We use the best bits of agile to keep the team highly aligned but loosely coupled and orientated to consistent results.
We operate entirely in the cloud and horizontally scale our services, we don’t run special versions for different customers - everyone runs on the same single codebase and we are going to keep it that way.
We started Sine in 2015 right here in Adelaide and have grown both rapidly and globally.
Adelaide is one of Australia’s best kept secrets and has an amazing climate and lifestyle including spectacular beaches, some of Australias best restaurants and the beautiful Adelaide Hills. We have 18 wine regions and are responsible for over 50% of the entire Australian wine production!
Our core engineering, product, sales, enterprise, operations and finance teams are based in a state of the art office 5 minutes east of the city.
If you’re looking for a place that’s got a great working culture, continual investment in product and people and is building a cool product in the cloud - please apply!