Our biometric solution will help you tackle your greatest impact challenges
Technical Product Owner
Simprints builds cutting-edge technology for some of the poorest individuals in the world, and in the most challenging environments on earth. We build technology to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development, making sure that every vaccine, every dollar, every public good reaches the people who need them most. Working with mentors from top companies like Google, Microsoft, and ARM, we design and develop both hardware and software by applying modern tools in distinctly un-modern environments with little to no internet connectivity. Simprints is currently on track to support over 4 million people by 2021.
We are looking for 2 Product Managers to shape the direction of our products: 1) the second generation of our flagship hardware fingerprint scanner with Bluetooth pairing to our Android app and 2) a software-based biometric product currently in the very early stages of development. Both of these roles are unique in that you'll get to collaborate with talented hardware, firmware, and Android engineers. You will work in an agile, collaborative team with a commitment to clean code and robust design, along with a strong culture of continuous learning and improvement. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
- Align commercial demand, engineering, and design to develop the product roadmap and our overarching biometric products strategy
- Synthesize user pain points (e.g. direct customer interactions, data analysis) into recommended feature improvements
- Prioritise the work of your squad and define robust, high quality requirements.
- Define, analyse, and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- 2+ years experience as product manager for technical software products (e.g. cloud, data science tools, infrastructure)
- Experience synthesizing various insights (e.g. direct customer interactions, data analysis) into clear, actionable prioritizations and feature improvements
- Strong experience using agile product development methods
- Ability to communicate effectively, and build strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
Bonus points that would help you in this role
- Proficiency with an issue tracking tool (e.g. JIRA, YouTrack)
- Product management experience developing a B2B product
- Exposure to technology in an international development context
- Experience working with hardware, firmware or ML/AI products
- Deliver a positive impact on millions of the most vulnerable people in the world
- Work in a diverse team with 20+ nationalities among an overall group of 30
- Collaborate with dedicated and talented engineers committed to writing high quality, clean code using the latest technologies: Go, Kotlin, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform
- Unlimited paid time off. Last year, the average Simprints employee took a total of 31 days off (annual leave plus UK bank holidays)
- See our tech in action by joining our deployments around the world: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, or Zimbabwe just to name a few
- Truly flexible working hours. More efficient late at night? That’s fine by us, start after lunch. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who get the job done between 9am and 5pm
- A generous budget (>£1,500) to spend on both learning and wellness. In the past, Simprints engineers have spent this on attending tech conferences, enrolling in Udacity nanodegrees, joining bouldering gyms, and organizing instructor-led yoga sessions in the office
- Two ‘LEGO Days’ each quarter where you can work on any project you want. Past projects have ranged from exploring image processing techniques to building a LEGO train to deliver beer around the office
Simprints at a glance
Simprints focuses on Information Technology, Information Services, Biometrics, Software, and Mobile Health. Their company has offices in Cambridge and Cambridge. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Simprints has raised $4.96M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.