Takes the guess work out of food labels so you know exactly what's in your food
Seed Stage Start Up Seeking CTO$140k – $180k • 1.0% – 3.0%
ABOUT SIFT FOOD LABELS:
Sift Food Labels is on a mission to bring transparency to the $1 trillion U.S. food industry by giving everyone - regardless of geography, income level, or education - access to honest information about what is in the food they eat.
The first product that we've brought to market is a mobile application where users snap the barcode of any food product and Sift will translate the ingredients into easy-to-understand-terms, flag ingredients banned in other countries and, if unlocked, show whether or not the item scanned is compliant with specific dietary needs.
Our future is not an exclusive app play business and we are currently raising a seed round to extend our technology into new use cases.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced CTO to lead the company’s technological vision, design and implement our technology roadmap, grow, mentor and develop the team, and ensure that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s business needs. This role reports into the Founder and CEO.
• Continuously evolve our vision for how technology will be used in a rapidly-changing and complex start up.
• Ensure that our technology meets the company’s short-term and long-term needs.
• Track, analyze and monitor tech performance metrics.
• Mentor, develop, and hire the engineering team and build out a strong engineering culture.
• 7+ years of leadership experience.
• Extensive experience as a software engineer.
• Must be familiar with the Microsoft tech stack: Xamarin, ASP .Net, Azure
• Track record of recruiting, mentoring, and scaling engineering talent and building a strong team culture.
• Background & experience in startups, ideally related to marketplaces, healthcare, or consumer health & wellness.
• BS in Computer Science or related degree.
• Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
• Experience in regulatory standards, particularly HIPPA.
• Experience with retailer API’s.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF:
• You are self-driven and highly motivated.
• You can be effective in a high-accountability environment.
• You are willing to take ownership and set direction in gray areas.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You lead by providing clear context for your team and then offer them the freedom and space to execute.
• You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies.
Seattle, WA with opportunity for remote work.
• Equity + Salary (post-closing of our seed raise)
Sift Food Labels at a glance
Sift Food Labels focuses on Personal Health, Groceries, Health and Wellness, and Consumer. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.siftfoodlabels.com/