Real Estate Technology Brokerage
Principal Engineer, Marketing Engineering Team
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
As the first company to design an end to end modern brokerage solution, Side is re-imagining the real estate industry from the ground up by combining innovative technology, creative branding expertise, and an experienced leadership team with a mission to empower the world’s leading real estate professionals to own their brand and better serve home buyers and sellers.
In the past three years, with an exceptional team of inSiders, we’ve processed $4B in transactions and raised over $60M in funding from top tier investors like Matrix Partners, Trinity Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and 8VC.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Engineering team is comprised of 20 folks total, on four teams: Core Engineering, Marketing Engineering, Internal Tools Engineering, and QA. The Marketing Engineering team owns the development Agent facing tools that enable them to build and launch websites and respond to buyer inquiries quickly. This team’s work product is entirely public facing and immediately impacts the business growth of our agents.
The team consists of four members, a solid agile process, continuous integration, and a helpful collaborative attitude.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Tech Lead Manager for the Marketing Engineering team, you will work cross-functionally with the product team, customer success team, brokerage team, finance team - almost every team in the company. You will lead and grow engineers, help architect solutions to problems, and communicate with leadership about the needs of the team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Sprint Planning for engineers
- Coordinating with the product team on quarterly plans for Marketing Engineering
- Overseeing the deploy process
- Ensuring the team quickly responds when there are technical issues with the product
- Mentoring the Marketing Engineering team and ensuring they achieve their growth and development goals, and meeting regularly with them in 1:1s
- Developing and growing the engineers on your team
- Informing product direction by communicating engineering constraints and objectives to the Product Team
- Pair programming when necessary to help the team
- Architecture reviews
- Taking on engineering tasks in the sprint for yourself to help achieve team goals
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- Experience with Node.js
- Strong experience with Wordpress
- Familiar with PHP
- Extensive experience with Agile
- Strong experience with Jira
- Extensive experience with Git & Github
- Skilled leader, high EQ, able to respond effectively to people’s needs
- Excellent planner - ability to plan, on a daily granularity level, engineering responsibilities for a team of four, 3 months in advance
- C.S. degree or STEM degree recommended
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development credit
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Side at a glance
Side focuses on Real Estate and Website. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Side has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.