Real Estate Technology Brokerage
Marketing Operations Manager
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
As the first company to design an end to end modern brokerage solution, Side is re-imagining the real estate industry from the ground up by combining innovative technology, creative branding expertise, and an experienced leadership team with a mission to empower the world’s leading real estate professionals to own their brand and better serve home buyers and sellers.
In the past three years, with an exceptional team of inSiders, we’ve processed $4B in transactions and raised over $60M in funding from top tier investors like Matrix Partners, Trinity Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and 8VC.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Marketing Operations Manager with a strategic mindset, fun and collaborative spirit, and get-it-done mentality, to work within a high performance marketing team to take the company to the next level as we scale and continue our upward growth trajectory.
With a highly focused target market and a strong product-market fit that fulfills our client’s needs, we’ve grown our Side partner agent community and doubled our revenue in the past year. We need your help to continue to more than double it again each year going forward.
Your role is to create scalable business and system processes that ensure best practices in lead generation, database management, and campaign building. You will also conduct data analyses on campaigns and marketing efforts leveraging best-of-breed SaaS tooling. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once, and will be an integral part of a close-knit team responsible for successfully growing Side’s business by engaging and attracting the world’s best real estate agents to join our exclusive community of the top professionals in the industry. You will be reporting to the Head of Marketing in San Francisco.
OWNERSHIP & WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE
- You will ensure that no lead is left behind, every marketing touch point is attributable, our technology systems work together seamlessly, our money is spent wisely, and that we operate in an efficient and coordinated way in the market.
- Manage the implementation of Marketing Operations programs and best-in-class martech stack (e.g. marketing automation implementation, CRM (Salesforce) enhancements, lead scoring, etc.),owning lead management and assignment, to generate, distribute, and report on leads
- Manage day-to-day technical campaign building and delivery, establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing activities, effectiveness, and ROI, and develop insights and recommendations on areas for optimization. Ensure marketing KPIs are correctly measured and reported in our dashboards
- Build and implement a strategy for data governance to ensure data cleanliness and enrichment to provide to our master data management team for implementation with Dell Boomi Master Data Hub. Manage and monitor leads data quality within the marketing database.
- Build and execute A/B and multivariate tests, analyze and share learnings from the data, and continuously find ways to improve our campaigns and website.
- Lead the strategy and creation of the overall Marketing Operations roadmap to reduce inefficiencies and enable marketers to be more effective in their day to day work through process improvement and technology implementation.
- Keep abreast of marketing ops trends. Evaluate new and existing Side technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Be the liaison between Marketing & all key ops stakeholders, including: (1) our technology partners to maintain a strong tech stack (Salesforce, Pardot, Dell Boomi Master Data Hub, etc.): (2) sales, finance, and business operations to ensure an accurate view of marketing performance; and (3) sales, sales ops, rev ops, broker ops, account management, and product, to drive coordinated go-to-market operations.
- Develop user-acceptance testing scenarios for the implementation team during technology rollouts.
- Train new and existing team members on marketing ops and tech stack.
- Create playbooks to catalog learnings to pave the way for growth in the future.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THIS ROLE?
- 3+ years in B2B marketing operations and demand generation, with experience managing technology including: managing project scope, driving change management, stakeholder alignment, communications and training
- 3+ years of experience managing large marketing automation systems (e.g. Pardot, Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua). Must have solid experience with Salesforce CRM and integration with marketing automation systems. (Preferably administrative experience with Pardot and Salesforce CRM)
- Experience managing and implementing other martech solutions such as A/B testing platforms, multi-touch attribution, Salesforce/Pardot, and sales engagement tools preferred
- Strong operations and data analytical skills with an understanding of measuring ROI and funnel management. Quantitative and results oriented mindset, with a love for spreadsheets
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal customers (in Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success) and translate their needs into supporting capabilities
- Strong problem solving techniques to identify solutions for key business problems
- Demonstrated interest in Marketing trends and strategies and in continuing to build a strong professional career in Marketing Operations.
- Experience working with business technology teams to develop internal tools, including: writing business requirements, gaining alignment on decisions, ensuring new capabilities will support business needs
- A proven track record of delivering results, autonomously and cross-functionally
- Team player that is energized by fast moving environments and good at prioritizing projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill information into meaningful and interpretable insights
- Must be located in or be willing to locate to the SF / Bay Area
- You don't need to be a real estate expert to apply for this position; we are focused on your demonstrated ability to produce results and build strong marketing operations
NICE TO HAVES
- Relevant technology certification (e.g. Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience in consulting (technology implementation)
- Experience with coding (e.g., HTML, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with Agile or similar methodologies
- Familiarity with analytics software (Airtable, Tableau, Mixpanel)
- Lifecycle or marketing experience in the SaaS space
- Familiarity with Webflow and/or web design and development
- A background in design, or design thinking
COMPENSATION / PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- $1,000/year for Learning and Development
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Side at a glance
Side focuses on Real Estate and Website. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Side has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.