Tools for sales enablement. Train, coach, and support sales reps
Global Learning and Development Director
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the Position
As a Global L&D Director you will be building an L&D organisation within the People department. You will work cross functionally with key business Leaders and the L&D Specialists to create a learning culture and help identify and implement the training standards and methodologies to guarantee the personal growth and development of our Showpad employees.
Our goal is to have each employee grow and develop continuously in their roles.
In this position you will report to the Chief People Officer and be based in our Belgian headquarters in Ghent.
- Identify training needs and talent gaps for the Company - performs needs assessment to analyse areas of opportunity for training and development to address business or cultural needs, in line with the business priorities.
- Design, develop & implement effective learning solutions with a global reach that set the standard for consistent training within the organisation. Ability to determine best delivery and media methods based on coursework and audience.
- Manage and develop strategies to support internal customers; provide recommendations, and partner with process owners and subject matter experts to develop project plans/strategies for long and short term training.
- Manage the L&D Specialists.
- End responsible for the internal L&D platform, Showpad University.
- Recommend and coordinate updates to existing training material to ensure continuous improvement of learning content and delivery techniques.
- Implement the design and development of a core and manager level leadership curriculum that helps build talent for internal career development.
- Develop a base of subject matter experts to foster a culture of leaders developing leaders. Design, deliver and prepare training material/leaders’ guides for rollouts and to prepare leaders for their training roles. Facilitate instructor-led training on an as-needed basis.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organisation and act as a role model for others, embodying the Company's core values and traits.
Qualifications And Professional Knowledge
- Minimum 5-8y experience in building a learning culture and strategy in an international context.
- Great business acumen
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Competencies (personal Qualifications)
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills
- You have excellent planning & organisation skills (including self-management)
- You are proactive and customer-oriented with a problem-solving attitude and stress resistance
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task and a self-starter.
- Energy and enthusiasm - a passion for teaching, leading and coaching.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every salesperson is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double-digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.