Tools for sales enablement. Train, coach, and support sales reps
EMEA Event Marketer
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities, and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the Position
The EMEA Events Marketer, based in London will report directly to the Director of Demand Generation for EMEA and be responsible for two core event elements: Showpad’s day-to-day event strategy to support the demand generation goals and the planning and supporting Showpad’s external, high profile Transform conference which takes place in Q4 each year.
- The demand generation event strategy includes marketing sponsored trade shows, thought leadership conferences and seminars, as well as Showpad, hosted roundtables and VIP gatherings and dinners.
- Transform is attended by customers, prospective customers, partners, analysts, and employees and is the leading Sales Enablement Conference in Europe.
Key responsibilities as an Events Marketer at Showpad
- For the day-to-day event strategy you will:
- Devise and deliver an annual program of events (trade shows, conferences, seminars, and Showpad hosted events) aligned with the business goals focusing on key target audiences and industries.
- Work with Sales Leadership to agree on key goals and marketing deliverables on the program.
- Execute each event through the development of a strategy and project plan and manage through to post-event reporting and follow up.
- Track, monitor, and report on return on investment and efficiency of each event so that these can be improved in the future.
- Be responsible for Showpad hosted event attendance and record-keeping through development and management of attendees and coordination of target lists and invitation process with the sales team.
- Handle staff and participant briefings and attendance at events to ensure those involved in delivery have clear roles, events run smoothly and are fully effective in achieving the agreed objectives.
- Develop good working relationships and establish good visibility for the event function with senior management.
- External networking to track the latest developments in events and hospitality and make recommendations for further event development.
For the Transform annual conference, you will support the Transform events team which may include but are not limited to:
- Support & follow-up of the external event management agency through the entire project
- Coordinate & support partner days, executive dinners, & sponsorships, exhibit booths, Showpad Awards Ceremony process
- Attendee registration and housing management
- General event logistics and transport
- Internal communications: effectively communicate event plans to stakeholders and extended team on event progress, key milestones and action plans throughout the planning process.
- Compile post-event reports and analysis: survey and analyze feedback from event attendees and stakeholders to ensure identified objectives are met
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 4-5 years experience and demonstrated success in event project management and logistics as well as conference production experience for 500+ attendee events
- Adaptability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Proactive, resourceful, self-starter, comfortable working autonomously with a strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Excellent team player with a proactive, can-do attitude. Comfortable working as part of a global team
- Proactively bring new innovative ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration - think differently and execute exceptionally
- Proven success in managing external vendors and suppliers
- Excellent budget management skills
- Experience working in the IT industry is considered an advantage
- Travel as related to key events in core regions
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every salesperson is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double-digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.