Tools for sales enablement. Train, coach, and support sales reps
Data Engineer - Looker
Data Engineer - Looker
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
As a growing company, we decided to centralize our data model within the IT department instead of relying on data engineers from our product team. In Showpad’s quest to become a more data-driven organization we need your help with creating a Showpad global data model. This role is only the start as more cross-department collaboration on data will be required, meaning plenty of opportunities for personal growth in the future. It will be your role to develop the data model for the different data sources and make sure the ETL process works. Performing the translation of requirements from the business into a workable LookML design will be key in the project when onboarding a new department.
Your responsibilities will include
* Work with Business analysts of our different corporate departments to identify information gaps and data needs
* Translate the business needs into a possible solution design (=LookML + Dashboard) together with the project manager and business analyst
* Estimate implementation efforts for requirements
* Develop Models using Looker LookML (docs.looker.com/data-modeling/learning-lookml/what-is-lookml) enabling self-service BI within departments
* Support shaping business’s data infrastructure, data warehousing, reporting, and analytics
* Identify cross-department data quality issues and suggest improvements towards the business
* Proactive maintenance approach of Showpad’s data model. Caching, Dimensions, etc…
* Set up and maintain the ETL using Fivetran
* Release management of Showpad’s data model using Git
* You will work with the team on BI projects throughout the organization
* Train data analysts throughout the organization on simple LookML modifications
Experience and Skills Required
* You have a first experience in data analysis/engineering
* You have a background in IT or Business Analysis
* Relational Database experience
* Highly proficient in SQL
* Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Develop models and ad hoc reports, sharing observations and recommendations with stakeholders. Comfortable in talking to stakeholders for gathering requirements
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Comfortable with Git concepts such as branches, merging, pull requests, etc...
* Understanding of ETL techniques
* Explain problems to colleagues in a structured way
* Identify problems and collaborate on short and long term solutions
* Object-oriented developing experience is an asset.
* Experience in one or more BI Tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik,...)
* Experience or interest in Amazon AWS is a strong plus.
What you can expect from Showpad
We offer market conform salaries and an extensive benefit package you can tailor to your own needs. Flexible working, free snacks & breakfast, cool break rooms are all part of the package. Diversity and inclusion are a given at Showpad, we want you to bring your authentic self to work.
Next to that we also focus on Impact & growth:
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a creative, forward-thinking, ambitious company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.