Make commerce better for everyone
Support Specialist - Storefront Design (Remote, Ireland)
In Support, our product is people. This includes our merchants, our team, and the success of the entire company we work for. We help people make money. As a Support Specialist in Storefront Design, internally referred to as a Theme Support Specialist, you empower entrepreneurs around the world through your conversations. We believe that human conversations help people make lifelong connections to our company. Every interaction with our merchants is an opportunity to do more than answer questions; we create memorable experiences by adding value to their businesses.
As a Theme Support Specialist you will be a part of a multidisciplinary team that focuses on many aspects related to troubleshooting Theme related issues and helping merchants customize their Shopify Themes. Your area of expertise will be the “Online Store” sales channel and you will gain a deep understanding of how a great Theme design can affect the success of our merchants’ businesses. You will work closely with front-line Advisors and Specialists to help them address Theme related issues effectively and will help to create and maintain a knowledge base to support them and your peers. You may also work with other teams across Shopify to provide context on how our users interact with our Themes in order to improve our products and services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Engages in human conversations while maintaining a high quality of written and verbal communication.
- Delivers quality interactions with merchants and contributes with guidance to the overall success of the Support team.
- Learns and builds knowledge of best practices and Shopify context, and applies learnings to their Support interactions.
- Seeks and accepts feedback early and often to build key competencies in their role.
- Seeks to understand and apply Shopify’s values to their work and interactions with others.
- Helps merchants customize their Online Store.
- Provides internal support to stakeholder teams, including front-line Support workers, through both real-time and asynchronous communication channels.
- Identifies areas for improvement in our processes and our products and conveys them to the relevant stakeholder teams.
- Assisting with the curation and rollout of new features and versions for Shopify’s catalog of free in-house themes.
- Contributes to the Theme Support knowledge base, improves documentation, and develops ways to better equip our Support teams for any Theme related questions.
Requirements for this role:
- Practical knowledge and experience working with HTML and CSS.
- Proficient knowledge in an Object Oriented language
- Some experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS)
- Working knowledge of jQuery (i.e.: do you understand what $(“.hello”).text("text”); does?)
- Exceptional reading, writing, typing, and communication skills – internally and externally.
- Proficient with the Google Suite of products, and interested in learning to use new and innovative technology.
- Call-centre, customer service, and/or retail experience.
- Responds well to adversity, and can adapt as needed in the face of challenges/changing environments.
- Curious and resourceful – always looking to learn, adapt, and understand.
- Open and receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrates engagement and empathy, and is clearly interested in the stories of our merchants.
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git or SVN.
- Experience with Liquid, Theme Kit and Theme Development.
- Exposure or experience in running a business or being an entrepreneur and/or general interest in business, marketing, retail, and/or sales.
Shopify at a glance
Shopify focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, and E-Commerce Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Stockholm. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Shopify has raised $122.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2015 at a valuation of $1.27B.