Make commerce better for everyone
Creative Director - Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is making the complexities of commerce simple for the fastest-growing, most ambitious brands in the world. We power brands like Allbirds, GymShark, Rebecca Minkoff, P&G, Lindt, Magnolia and Kylie Cosmetics to realize their ambitions. We believe that our customers should love their commerce platform—and that our platform should help them reinvent their industries. As strategic thought leaders and technology innovators, we’re also in a state of hyper-growth. This is where you come in.
You’ll be joining Shopify Plus at a pivotal moment in our 100-year journey to make commerce better for everyone. As Creative Director, you’ll help evolve our brand and market a global product that empowers businesses to push the boundaries of commerce. You’ll be responsible for evolving the brand as we continue to grow globally. You will be the steward of Shopify Plus’ branding across the customer journey, from awareness throughout the product and service experience. You’ll raise the bar for what it means to think bigger.
Informed by insights from research and data, our team tells the story of our brand while staying focused on impacting growth. We own our projects from start to finish and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of marketers to deliver the best possible experience. We’re passionate about our craft, and we want you to make us even better.
You’ll get to work on:
- Leading and inspiring the world’s best creative team of designers, developers, copywriters, and project managers to attract world-class talent
- Setting the foundation for how we operationalize and scale the team globally.
- Managing priorities, developing effective processes, and partnering with leaders across all levels
- Building strong relationships and communicating with leadership across the company
- Continuing to evolve the story and creative voice for the Shopify Plus brand
- Directing and stewarding our brand identity to ensure cohesiveness across all customer touchpoints, including internal communications
- Providing visual creative and conceptual direction for digital, video, email, social media, advertising, experiential, swag, and more
- Collaborating with insights teams to create user test plans and synthesize findings to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- Partnering across teams through the lifecycle of campaigns, events, and other marketing tactics and channels
- Leading the way we build intuitive user experiences across all marketing efforts by putting the customer experience first
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 8+ years of experience as a creative leader at top-tier companies
- You understand and care about the big picture as much as the smallest details when it comes to copy and design.
- You’ve built and led large multidisciplinary teams, including design, copywriting, project management, and leadership
- You have experience partnering with agencies to get world-class results
- You lead from the front, with a vision and strategy for the future that delivers today
- Your teams consistently ship high-impact work that balances beautiful design with attention to detail
- You have experience using data and research to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- You are a leader in your community, building thought leadership inside your organization and beyond
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that persuade and inspire others
Shopify at a glance
Shopify focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, and E-Commerce Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Stockholm. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Shopify has raised $122.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2015 at a valuation of $1.27B.