Make commerce better for everyone
Technical Product Marketing Manager, Speed, Scale and Stability
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes manage, market and sell their products and services. With over 1M merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We are looking for a bright, passionate Product Marketing Manager with expertise in reaching and resonating with technical audiences who can help us reinforce and amplify our proud reputation of being the most scalable, reliable, and performant commerce platform. We need to build and share a narrative around our performance today, and continue to evolve it as we continue to make product investments and updates.
To do that we need to build and share the right messages, products, tutorials, and resources. You’ll need to have a growth mindset, deep empathy for our partners and for Shopify merchants, and be excited to roll up your sleeves and dig for the solution to a complex problem.
The opportunity to unlock commerce for people all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. We’re only part of the way there and, to continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
- Technical aptitude and literacy used to build and communicate narratives, campaigns and tactics to a spectrum of technical audiences - think Developers, Engineers, Tech-enthusiasts etc.
- Experience in product marketing or product management
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty, resolve ambiguity and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills while being able to stay focused on the big picture and pay attention to details
- Knowledge of how to run successful digital and integrated marketing campaigns
- A resourceful attitude and positive negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify
- Experience coding or being a developer, and the learning by doing mindset
- Experience working in a startup, ecommerce or the tech industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver
- Experience using Shopify or any similar ecommerce platforms
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work
- Proven track record of using creative methods for engaging with your audience
- Experience marketing software as a service (SaaS) products to business to business to consumer (B2B2C) audiences
- Experience with organic, earned and paid social media campaigns across channels
- Experience helping drive global business, product, and product marketing strategy
- Driving cross-functional alignment across our product teams
- Developing and executing the go-to-market process including tracking release notes, technical product documentation, developer changelog updates, breaking changes email notifications, creating developer digest content, as well as tracking success metrics accordingly
- Defining the messaging, positioning, content, and go-to-market strategy to enable successful product launches and in-person campaigns. Working across teams including Research and Development teams, Product Management, Experiential Marketing, Product Marketing, Communications, Brand, Public Relations, Support, Data, and Product Growth
- Developing a narrative for products by understanding needs and messaging, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces vying for their time
- Helping build holistic strategies and the products we’re building through market analysis, competitive research and partner/merchant feedback
- Identifying key performance indicators (KPIs), setting targets, and analyzing the results of product launches
Shopify at a glance
Shopify focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, and E-Commerce Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Stockholm. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Shopify has raised $122M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2015 at a valuation of $1.27B.