Android device and application management platform for business that helps you build, deploy, manage
Software Development Engineer in Test - Senior
Esper is an inventive startup, and the industry’s first DevOps platform designed to provide a simple, safe and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications and manage smart Android devices in production. At Esper we believe that customers get the most out of their Android fleet when they can focus more on their business-critical applications and their key workflows--as opposed to spending dollars to create and maintain systems to deploy and maintain applications. We believe tailoring, and regularly updating Android devices to meet the purpose set by the customer brings about an unprecedented level of security to the fleet along with lighting up superior and delightful experiences. Using Esper, customers can control the quality of their deployments, and automatically roll back failed ones, saving time and reducing the need for managing devices individually with manual oversight. Esper allows its customers to control every aspect of their device-fleet and go as far as real-time debugging of applications on a remote device when required.
We are looking for a passionate Engineer with hands-on coding experience. As a SDET you will be responsible for ensuring our product meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance.
- Create automated tests for our product-spanning web, web services & Android devices.
- Implement and execute tests on Android devices, API testing, and Python unit testing.
- Understand the entire system, flow of code and various integrations.
- Debug source-code and identify system flaws.
- Design and adopt a robust test automation framework for automated tests.
- Design comprehensive End-to-End test plans for software releases.
- Own quality of production code and deliverables.
- Handling technical communications and working with various stakeholders for analysis of issues.
- Establish test methodologies and drive adoption in the team.
- Keep up with changes in technology/testing trends.
- Participate in and actively contribute inputs to design and other technical discussions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development/SDET roles.
- Strong understanding of testing concepts including manual and automation tests.
- Experience in software development and testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in API Testing and Automation.
- Experience/Knowledge in Android DPC testing is preferred.
- Experience in performance testing is preferred.
- Acute attention to detail and a results driven approach.
- Prior experience in Product or IOT based industry is preferred.
- Experience of working in a start-up environment is a plus.
What we think makes us special
Bet on by leading VC firms including Madrona Venture Partners. Intense ownership, and therefore accountability. Flexible vacation time. Competent co-workers. We only hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. A worldwide footprint mixing different cultures for a unique experience. A team that really enjoys what we do and enjoys your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make an impact. Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work.
Shoonya R&D Center at a glance
Shoonya R&D Center focuses on Android and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Shoonya R&D Center has raised $10.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.