Android device and application management platform for business that helps you build, deploy, manage
Android Lab Engineer
Esper is an inventive startup, and the industry’s first DevOps platform designed to provide a simple, safe and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications and manage smart Android devices in production. At Esper we believe that customers get the most out of their Android fleet when they can focus more on their business-critical applications and their key workflows--as opposed to spending dollars to create and maintain systems to deploy and maintain applications. We believe tailoring, and regularly updating Android devices to meet the purpose set by the customer brings about an unprecedented level of security to the fleet along with lighting up superior and delightful experiences. Using Esper, customers can control the quality of their deployments, and automatically roll back failed ones, saving time and reducing the need for managing devices individually with manual oversight. Esper allows its customers to control every aspect of their device-fleet and go as far as real-time debugging of applications on a remote device when required.
As an Android Lab Engineer, you will be working directly with our engineers and customers, providing a critical service. You will own our Device Test Lab where we test out new devices, reproduce customer issues, and test our products. Create innovative automation to manage 50+ devices through provisioning, testing, and app deployment. Own the U.S.A. device lab as a resource for the company tracking devices for internal use and coordinate with our worldwide development team to help improve product quality through the QA process. This is an exciting technical role that combines scripting, devops, debugging, communication, and quality. You will have the occasional opportunity to travel to customer sites to help them with provisioning and deploying their device fleets using Esper. Your role is extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty. Where else will you get to play with all kinds of innovative and cool Android devices?
- Passion for cool devices
- Associates degree in IT services and/or Cloud computing
- Deep experience with Android devices (MDM, development, testing, using)
- Basic understanding of Android debugging concepts (ADB, Logcat, …) and familiar with Android Studio
- Script development experience (preferably Python)
- DevOps experience using automation
- Excellent customer service, analytical, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality across a diverse set of customers, demonstrate persistence, and customer understanding
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Knowledge of the AOSP open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks, including the ability to build and flash your own AOSP image
- Understanding of Android for Enterprise and experience provisioning Android devices for MDMs
- Experience working with or managing a Test Lab
- Quality Assurance automation experience
What we think makes us special
Bet on by leading VC firms including Madrona Venture Partners. Intense ownership, and therefore accountability. Flexible vacation time. Competent co-workers. We only hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. A worldwide footprint mixing different cultures for a unique experience. A team that really enjoys what we do and enjoys your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make an impact. Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work.
Shoonya R&D Center at a glance
Shoonya R&D Center focuses on Android and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Shoonya R&D Center has raised $10.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.