Android device and application management platform for business that helps you build, deploy, manage
Android Framework Engineer
Esper is an inventive startup, and the industry’s first DevOps platform designed to provide a simple, safe and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications and manage smart Android devices in production. At Esper we believe that customers get the most out of their Android fleet when they can focus more on their business-critical applications and their key workflows--as opposed to spending dollars to create and maintain systems to deploy and maintain applications. We believe tailoring, and regularly updating Android devices to meet the purpose set by the customer brings about an unprecedented level of security to the fleet along with lighting up superior and delightful experiences. Using Esper, customers can control the quality of their deployments, and automatically roll back failed ones, saving time and reducing the need for managing devices individually with manual oversight. Esper allows its customers to control every aspect of their device-fleet and go as far as real-time debugging of applications on a remote device when required.
As a Software Development Engineer – Android, you will be part of a team that owns critical OS framework components, working on projects that push the boundaries of device-cloud interaction. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design an innovative way to secure and manage Android-based devices. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will take the lead in designing solutions to hard problems in the Android and Esper ecosystem. You will work closely with the Cloud and Front-End team to drive the development from the concept stage to the launch stage.
- As a member of the Android team, your role will be to make Esper OS the most secure and manageable OS in the industry.
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
- Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity while translating our organisational vision into functional plans that guide their execution.
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never a bottleneck. See around the corner and anticipate developers' needs.
- Mentor and grow developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong C/C++ & Java skills and experience writing SDK (or Java libraries).
- Experience building Android-based devices, working in native and framework layer.
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influence on the direction of the product design and development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
- Great communication skills - the ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
- Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment.
What we think makes us special
Bet on by leading VC firms including Madrona Venture Partners. Intense ownership, and therefore accountability. Flexible vacation time. Competent co-workers. We only hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. A worldwide footprint mixing different cultures for a unique experience. A team that really enjoys what we do and enjoys your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make an impact. Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work.
Shoonya R&D Center at a glance
Shoonya R&D Center focuses on Android and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Shoonya R&D Center has raised $10.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.