Android device and application management platform for business that helps you build, deploy, manage
VP of Sales
Esper is an inventive startup, and the industry’s first DevOps platform designed to provide a simple, safe and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications and manage smart Android devices in production. At Esper we believe that customers get the most out of their Android fleet when they can focus more on their business-critical applications and their key workflows--as opposed to spending dollars to create and maintain systems to deploy and maintain applications. We believe tailoring, and regularly updating Android devices to meet the purpose set by the customer brings about an unprecedented level of security to the fleet along with lighting up superior and delightful experiences. Using Esper, customers can control the quality of their deployments, and automatically roll back failed ones, saving time and reducing the need for managing devices individually with manual oversight. Esper allows its customers to control every aspect of their device-fleet and go as far as real-time debugging of applications on a remote device when required.
Esper is looking for the founding member of our Sales Leadership team to work closely with the founders to strategize GTM and Distribution of Esper developer tools and Enterprise solutions. At Esper we primarily sell into two target profiles.
Our primary customer target is Android application developers who are building vertical specific applications ( Payments, Logistics, Point of Sales, Logistics and Transportation). Application developers bundle their applications with targeted hardware and deploy the solution to their end customer. Additionally we establish strategic partnership with hardware vendors who enable Esper to be part of their solution enabling them to deploy right from the factory to the customer with zero configuration.
- Focus the team to acquire new logos and then expand across divisions/functions.
- Accurately forecast complex, long term sales cycles.
- Interact with marketing, SDR's, pre-sales, sales op, and customer success teams to align go-to market message and execution.
- Work closely with our product team to help influence & shape product/offering direction.
- Demonstrate excellent facing customer skills.
- Hire & on-board new AE's to continue expanding the team.
Qualifications (what You Have)
- Experience scaling a startup from $1 Million to $5 Million ARR.
- Experience selling and delivering to global accounts & closing ELA's.
- Pedigree of working deals across different buyers, org divisions, and seniority levels.
- Fluent in solution sales methodologies and have worked with value selling/ROI teams & tools.
- Prior ownership of acquiring new logos as well as expanding existing accounts.
- Experience working collaboratively with Professional Services/3rd party implementation partners.
- Solid skillset in navigating legal, security, and procurement organizations.
- Consistency -- need to show stability in roles/companies and steady earnings.
- Solid references that talk to the ability to work well across internal functions and use available resources proactively.
- Works well across teams -- role will interact with marketing, Customer Success, and Product team frequently.
- A builder -- the right candidate needs to have started/built up teams from an early stage.
- Talent magnet -- demonstrated history of hiring top talent and working with them at successive companies.
- Gravitas -- personal presence and ability to own the room with prospects/customers.
- Experience selling to product teams a plus.
What we think makes us special
Bet on by leading VC firms including Madrona Venture Partners. Intense ownership, and therefore accountability. Flexible vacation time. Competent co-workers. We only hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. A worldwide footprint mixing different cultures for a unique experience. A team that really enjoys what we do and enjoys your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make an impact. Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work.
Shoonya R&D Center at a glance
Shoonya R&D Center focuses on Android and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Shoonya R&D Center has raised $10.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.